Episode 1 46 Linden Street ACT II

林登大街46号 (第二幕)

Watch the video then answer the question: Will Marilyn find the bag?

[ Outside the ferry building. Alexandra sees Richard leave in a taxicab. She asks a policeman for directions. ]

Alexandra: Excuse me, officer. Can you help me?

对不起,打扰一下,警官。能请你帮个忙吗?

Policeman: Sure.

当然可以。

Alexandra: Can you tell me how to get to Linden Street, in Riverdale? 

你能告诉我怎么去里弗代尔的林登街吗?  

Policeman: [ He reads the name tag on Richard's bag. ] 'Richard Stewart, 46 Linden Street, Riverdale, New York.' You should take the number 1 subway.

“理查德·斯图尔特,纽约里弗代尔,林登街 46 号。” 你应当搭乘 1 号地铁线。

Alexandra: Is there a station near here?

这附近有地铁站吗?

Policeman: Yes. The station's that way. You should take the number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park.

有的。地铁站在那边,你要搭乘 1 号地铁线,到范 • 考特兰公园公园下车。

Alexandra: Number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park. Thank you.

1 号地铁到范 • 考特兰公园。谢谢你。

Policeman: Anytime. Good luck. Remember, the number 1 train. The uptown platform.

愿意效劳,祝你好运。记住,坐 1 号地铁,往市区方向(北行)的月台。

Alexandra: Thank you.

谢谢你。

Policeman: You're welcome.

不客气。

[ Alexandra walks toward the subway entrance. She passes the 'uptown' sign. ]


[ In a boutique. Marilyn Stewart, Richard's wife, is helping a customer. ]

Customer: Is this pink too bright for me?

这种粉红色对我来说是不是太过鲜艳了?

Marilyn: Mmm-hmm. It is a very bright pink. Try this. [ She takes a red sweater from a table. ] It's size eight.

嗯... ,这种粉红色是鲜艳了点。试试这一件吧,这件是 8 码的。

Customer: But I wear size ten.

可是我穿 10 码的衣服。

Marilyn: How about green? It's size ten.

绿的可以吗?这件是 10 码的。

Customer: Let me try it on.

我试一下吧。

[ Marilyn looks at her watch. ]

Customer: I'm taking too much of your time.

我占用了你好多时间哦。

Marilyn: It's six o'clock. Where's my husband? I was expecting him here at five forty-five.

6 点了,我丈夫在哪儿呢?他讲好 5:45 到这里的。

Customer: Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour.

甭着急,现在正是交通繁忙的时候。

Marilyn: I know. But we're going to be late for dinner.

我知道啊,但是我们吃晚饭要迟到了。

Customer: I'll take this green sweater. I like the color on me, don't you?

我就买这件绿色的毛衣吧,我觉得这种颜色比较适合我,你觉得呢?

Marilyn: I think it looks terrific on you.

你穿这个颜色好看极了。

[ A little later. Richard rushes into the boutique. ]

Richard: I'm sorry I'm so late. I had a really bad day.

很抱歉我来得太晚了,今天真的是糟透了。

Marilyn: It's ten after six. We're late. Robbie's cooking tonight, and dinner's at six thirty.

都 6:10 分了。我们要迟到了,今晚是罗比做饭,六点半开饭。

Richard: I know. I know. I'm really sorry. I left my bag of film on the ferry. I went back for it, but the ferry was gone. I lost a whole day's work.

我知道,我知道,我真的很抱歉。我把装底片的挎包忘在渡船上了。等我回去找的时候,但船已经开走了。我一整天都白干了。

Marilyn: I'll call the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office.

我来给斯塔顿岛渡轮失物招领处打个电话。

Richard: I didn't think of that. Thanks.

我就没有想到这个,谢谢你。

Marilyn: [ She picks up the telephone and dials the number for information. ] Hello. Yes. The number, please, of the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office. Five five five...zero eight zero eight. Thank you. [ She hangs up and dials the number. ]

你好,是的,请告诉我斯塔顿岛渡轮失物招领处的电话号码。“555...0808” 谢谢。

Richard: I really appreciate it, Marilyn.

真的很感谢你(为我做的一切),玛丽琳。

Marilyn: Hello. Did anyone find a camera bag this afternoon, a small canvas bag, on the J. F. Kennedy Ferry? ...No?

你好,请问今天下午有没有人在约翰 • 肯尼迪号渡船上捡到一个摄影包,一个小的粗帆布包。… 没有吗?

Marilyn: Maybe someone will find it. The name is Stewart, Richard Stewart. And the telephone number is five five five...three oh nine oh. Thank you.

也许会有人会拾到的。失主的名字是理查德 · 斯图尔特。电话是 “555 ... 3090” 谢谢你。

Marilyn: [ She hangs up. ] Sorry, Richard. They don't have it.

很抱歉,理查德,他们没有拾到那个包。

Richard: Thanks, anyway. [ Thinking ... ] There was a girl on the ferry.Now maybe...

无论如何,我还是要谢谢你。在渡船上有一个女孩。想起来了,也许…

Marilyn: Tell me about it on the way home.

在回家的路上告诉我吧!

不定代词

单词列表

21
officer */ ˈɒfɪsə(r) /n. 警官
subway/ ˈsʌbweɪ /n. 地铁
station */ ˈsteɪʃ(ə)n /n. 地铁站
train */ treɪn /n. 有轨电车
anytime/ ˈenɪtaɪm /adv. 任何时候
uptown/ ˌʌpˈtaʊn /v. 市郊的、郊区的
platform/ ˈplætfɔːm /n. 站台
bright */ braɪt /adj. 鲜亮的
wear */ weə(r) /v. 穿(衣服)
expect */ ɪkˈspekt /v. 在期望中等待
traffic/ ˈtræfɪk /n. 交通
sweater/ ˈswetə(r) /n. (针织)毛线衫
tonight */ təˈnaɪt /adv. 今晚
ferry/ ˈferi /n. 渡轮
anyone */ ˈeniwʌn /pron. 任何人
camera */ ˈkæm(ə)rə /n. 照相机;摄影机
canvas/ ˈkænvəs /n. 帆布
anyway */ ˈeniweɪ /adv. 无论如何
someone */ ˈsʌmwʌn /pron. 有(某)人
lost-and-found/ ˌlɒst ən ˈfaʊnd /n. 失物招领处(等于 lost property)
van/ væn /n. 车