Episode 26 Opening Nigh ACT III展览开幕之夜 第三幕

Richard: What's this?

这是什么?

Carlson: Read it.

读出来吧。

Richard: I can't. Would you read it, Marilyn?

我不敢读。玛丽琳,请你读好吗?

Marilyn: "Richard Stewart's show at the Carlson Gallery is a collection of photographs from his new book entitled Family Album, U.S.A.

“理查德·斯图尔特在卡尔森画廊展出的作品,选自他名为《Family Album, U.S.A.》的新书。”

Marilyn: There is power and beauty in Mr. Stewart's work, and his book introduces us to a remarkable new talent."

“斯图尔特先生的作品中显现出力量与美感,他的书向我们介绍了一位卓越的新秀。”

Marilyn: Oh, Richard, it's wonderful! Congratulations!

噢,理查德,太棒了!恭喜你!

Richard: Wow! I'm overwhelmed.

哇!我太感动了。

Carlson: Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention for a moment, please?

女士们,先生们,请大家稍微留意一下好吗?

Carlson: I hope you're all enjoying the exhibition. I know that I am.

我希望你们都喜欢这次展览。反正我是非常喜欢的。

Carlson: And I would like to introduce the young man who spent the last five years taking these remarkable pictures

现在,我想向大家介绍这位在过去五年中致力于拍摄这些杰作、

Carlson: and writing the background for Family Album, U.S.A.-- Mr. Richard Stewart.

并为《Family Album, U.S.A.》撰写背景说明的年轻人——理查德·斯图尔特先生。

Richard: Hello. I want to thank all of you for coming here tonight.

你们好。非常感谢大家今晚的光临。

Richard: I'd like to thank Harvey Carlson for his faith in my project.

我要感谢哈维·卡尔森对我这个项目的信任。

Richard: But most of all, I would like to thank my family for their love and support all through this adventure. Thank you.

但最重要的是,我要感谢我的家人,在整个创作历程中给予我的爱与支持。谢谢大家。

Richard: Oh, I'm glad that's over.

噢,真高兴终于结束了。

Guest: Would you mind?

您介意(签名)吗?

Richard: Oh, not at all.

噢,一点也不介意。

Guest: Thanks.

谢谢。

Richard: Our pleasure.

这是我的荣幸。

Robbie: Hope it wins a Pulitzer Prize.

希望它能获得普利策奖。

Tom: I'll settle for an "A" in my photography course.

我只要摄影课能拿个“A”就心满意足了。

Carlson: Ah, Richard, Marilyn, I want you to meet John O'Neill.

啊,理查德,玛丽琳,我想介绍你们认识一下约翰·奥尼尔。

Richard: Oh, how do you do?

噢,您好。

Marilyn: Nice to meet you.

很高兴见到您。

O'Neill: I've been looking forward to meeting your husband, Mrs. Stewart. I'm really impressed by your show.

斯图尔特太太,我一直很期待见到你先生。理查德,你的展览让我印象非常深刻。

Richard: Thank you.

谢谢。

O'Neill: In fact, I'd like your autograph.

事实上,我想要你的签名。

Richard: Oh, well, really ...

噢,这,真的吗……

O'Neill: On a contract.

签在合同上。

Richard: What's this about, Harvey?

哈维,这是怎么回事?

Carlson: Mr. O'Neill is the publisher of several magazines.

奥尼尔先生是好几本杂志的出版发行人。

Marilyn: Of course. I've seen you on television.

我想起来了。我在电视上见过您。

O'Neill: Mr. O'Neill was so impressed with your work that he wants to develop it into a magazine concept.

奥尼尔先生对你的作品非常欣赏,想把它发展成一种杂志构想。

Richard: Well, that sounds very exciting, but where would I fit into the plan?

嗯,听起来非常令人兴奋,但我在这个计划中扮演什么角色呢?

O'Neill: I'd like you to be the photo editor of the magazine.

我希望你能担任这本杂志的摄影编辑。

Marilyn: Oh, Richard, how exciting!

噢,理查德,太棒了!

Carlson: It's a wonderful opportunity, Richard.

这是一个极好的机会,理查德。

Richard: Hold on. Wait a minute, please.

等一下。请先等一等。

Carlson: What's the problem, Richard?

有什么问题吗,理查德?

Richard: The problem is that I'm a photographer, not an editor.

问题在于我是一个摄影师,而不是编辑。

Richard: I like what I do. In fact, I love what I do ...

我喜欢我现在的职业。事实上,我热爱我的工作……

Richard: which is going out with a camera and a roll of film and seeing the wonder of humanity.

那就是带着相机和胶卷走出去,去观察人性中的奇迹。

Richard: Now, I appreciate your offer, but I've worked so hard on Family Album, U.S.A.,

所以,我很感激您的提议,但我已经为《Family Album, U.S.A.》付出了太多心血,

Richard: and I'm giving some thought to a new book on a different subject.

我现在正在构思一本题材完全不同的新书。

Richard: I'm flattered, but I enjoy taking pictures, and I want to continue doing that.

您的器重让我受宠若惊,但我享受拍照的过程,并想继续做下去。

Richard: Thank you, but I'm happy being a photographer.

谢谢您,但做一个摄影师让我很快乐。

O'Neill: I understand, Richard.

我明白了,理查德。

Carlson: Richard, I know your next book will be a success. Congratulations!

理查德,我相信你的下一本书也一定会成功的。恭喜你!

Richard: Thanks.

谢谢。

Malcolm: You're a real Stewart!

你真不愧是我们斯图尔特家的人!

Richard: Thanks.

谢谢。

[ The end! ]

笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...