Episode 26 Opening Nigh ACT II 展览开幕之夜 第二幕

In Act Two, Richard gets ready to go to the opening of his exhibit. He is more nervous now. Richard is worried about what people will think of his work. Later Richard and Marilyn arrive at the gallery. What's wrong?

[ Scene 1: At Richard and Marilyn's home. Richard is getting dressed for his photography exhibition opening, visibly anxious. ]

Marilyn: Do you like the dress?

你喜欢这件裙子吗?

Richard: I love it.

太喜欢了。

Marilyn: I designed it myself.

这可是我自己设计的呢。

Richard: It's beautiful.

真漂亮。

Marilyn: Are you ready? We're supposed to be there before the guests arrive.

你准备好了吗?咱们得在宾客到来之前赶到那儿。

Richard: I know. I know. Help me with this tie, will you? Honey, I'm scared to death.

我知道,我知道。亲爱的,帮我系一下领带好吗?我真是快吓要半死了。

Marilyn: But this is what you've been working for all these years.

可这不正是你这些年来一直奋斗的目标吗?

Richard: No, no. I worked to put together a book of photographs. This is show business.

不,不。我努力是为了整理出版一本摄影集,而现在这叫表演秀。

Marilyn: Well, it's all part of the same job. Just relax and enjoy it.

嗨,这都是一份工作里的环节嘛。放轻松,好好享受这一刻。

Richard: You're right. I earned this, and I'm going to enjoy it. As soon as I recover from my nervous breakdown.

你说得对。这是我应得的,我得好好享受——只要我能从这神经崩溃的状态里缓过神来。

Marilyn: What are you afraid of?

你到底在怕什么呀?

Richard: Everything. A critic was there this morning. He probably hates my work. I have to sign copies of my book for a lot of people I never met before. My new shoes hurt my feet...

啥都怕!今天早上来了一位评论家,他搞不好讨厌死我的作品了;我还得给一大堆素昧平生的人签名售书;我的新鞋又顶得脚疼……

Marilyn: You're going to be a great success. Are you ready?

你一定会取得巨大成功的!准备好了没?

Richard: As soon as I get these cuff links on.

等我扣上这对袖扣就好了。

Marilyn: Let me help. Mom and Dad are already on their way down to the gallery.

我来帮吧。爸妈他们已经在去画廊的向路上啦。

[ Marilyn helps him adjust his cufflinks and shirt. ]

Marilyn: There! You look very attractive.

搞定!你看上去帅气极了。

Richard: Thank you. Well, I suppose I've run out of excuses.

谢谢。唉,看来我的借口都用光咯。

Marilyn: Mm-hmm. Let's go...

嗯哼,那咱们出发吧……

Richard: Oh, one minute. Before we go to the gallery, I just want to tell you that I never could have done this book without your help and your love. I appreciate it.

噢,等一下!在去画廊之前,我只想对你说:如果没有你的帮助和关爱,我绝不可能完成这本摄影集。真的太感谢你了。

Marilyn: Thanks. Now, no more stalling.

谢谢老公。好啦,不许再磨蹭拖延时间了!

[ Scene 2: At the gallery entrance. They step inside the quiet, empty venue. ]

Marilyn: What is it?

怎么啦?

Richard: There's nobody here!

这里居然一个人都没有!

Marilyn: Of course not, Richard. Your show doesn't begin until eight thirty.

那当然啦,理查德,你的影展八点半才开始呢。

Richard: Oh. Right.

噢……也对。

[ Harvey Carlson greets Richard and Marilyn as the rest of the Stewart family arrives. ]

Carlson: Richard! Welcome! Good luck tonight!

理查德!欢迎欢迎!祝你今晚一切顺利!

Richard: Well, thanks. This is my publisher, Harvey Carlson. You've met my wife Marilyn...

额,谢谢。这位是我的出版商哈维·卡尔森。你已经见过我妻子玛丽莲了……

Carlson: Charmed.

幸会幸会。

Marilyn: Hi.

你好。

Richard: My mother, Ellen Stewart. Harvey Carlson.

这位是我母亲埃伦·斯图尔特。这位是哈维·卡尔森。

Carlson: It's good to meet you.

很高兴认识您。

Ellen: It's nice to meet you.

我也很高兴认识您。

Richard: This is my father, Dr. Philip Stewart...

这位是我父亲,菲利普·斯图尔特医生……

Philip: Nice to meet you, Mr. Carlson.

幸会,卡尔森先生。

Richard: My brother Robbie...

我弟弟罗比……

Robbie: Hi.

嗨。

Carlson: Hi.

你好。

Richard: And this is my sister Susan and her husband Harry Bennett and his daughter Michelle.

这位是我姐姐苏珊、姐夫哈里·贝内特,还有他的女儿米歇尔。

Carlson: It's nice to meet you.

很高兴见到你们。

Richard: And this gentleman is my grandfather, Malcolm Stewart.

还有这位长辈是我爷爷,马尔科姆·斯图尔特。

Carlson: Welcome, Mr. Stewart. Well, make yourselves comfortable. There are hors d'oeuvres at the table, fruit punch at the bar. Help yourselves. Can I get you something, Mr. Stewart?

欢迎您,斯图尔特先生!大家请便,千万别客气。桌上有精美冷盘小吃,吧台那边有果汁鸡尾酒,请随意取用。斯图尔特先生,需要我给您拿点什么吗?

Grandpa: No, thank you.

不用了,谢谢你。

Carlson: You can feel very proud of your grandson, Mr. Stewart.

斯图尔特先生,您真该为您的孙子感到无比自豪。

Grandpa: I do. I'm proud of all my grandchildren, Mr. Carlson.

我确实很自豪!卡尔森先生,我为我的每一个孙子孙女都感到自豪。

Carlson: Of course. Feel free to look around. If you need anything, just ask.

那是自然。大家请随意参观,有什么需要随时叫我。

Grandpa: Thank you.

多谢啦。

[ Richard pulls Carlson aside privately. ]

Richard: Harvey?

哈维?

Carlson: Yes?

怎么了?

Richard: Did Mitchell Johnson's review come out yet?

米切尔·约翰逊撰写的影评出来了没?

Carlson: Not yet. The newspapers don't come out till about ten o'clock. When they come out, we'll get it.

还没呢。报纸要到晚上十点左右才出版发行,一出来咱们立刻就买。

Richard: Thanks.

好的,多谢。

Carlson: Ready?

准备好了吗?

Richard: Yes. Have the people arrived?

好了。客人们都到了吗?

Carlson: The guests are waiting. Tom's about to open the doors. Good luck! And stop worrying! They're going to love it.

宾客们已经在外面等候了,汤姆这就去开门。祝你好运!别再担惊受怕啦,大家绝对会爱死你的作品的!