Episode 25 Country Music ACT III 乡间之音 第三幕

In Act Three, Richard, Marilyn, Harry and Susan return home from their camping trip. Richard thinks that something is the matter. And he tries to solve the problem. Ellen: What works?

[ Outside the Stewart home in the evening. The group has just driven back from the campsite. ]

Marilyn: I'm so glad everyone is asleep. I thought Max would be crying, and everybody would be awake.

大家都睡下了,真好。我之前还以为麦克斯会一直哭闹,把大家都折腾得睡不成觉呢。

Richard: What did I tell you? Nothing to worry about.

我怎么跟你说的来着?根本用不着担心。

Susan: I'm sure everything is fine. My mother knows all there is to know about taking care of babies, I assure you.

肯定一切都顺利。我向你保证,在照顾小宝宝这方面,我妈可是绝对的专家。

Harry: Let's put some of this stuff away and then take off. We've got a forty-minute drive into the city.

咱们把这些行李放好就准备开溜吧,回城里还得开四十多分钟车呢。

[ They open the front door and walk inside, where Ellen greets them looking exhausted. ]

Ellen: Welcome home—and I do mean welcome home.

欢迎回家——我是真的迫不及待欢迎你们回这个家呀!

Richard: Something wrong?

出什么事了吗?

Ellen: Oh, nothing's wrong, Richard. Believe me, Max is fine. But his teeth hurt, and he just can't get to sleep, poor dear.

噢,没出啥事,理查德。相信我,麦克斯好着呢。就是他长牙疼得厉害,可怜的小宝贝怎么也睡不着。

Susan: Neither can you.

看您这样子,您也没怎么睡吧。

Marilyn: Oh, I feel so bad.

哎呀,我心里真是太过意不去了。

Ellen: Oh, I'm fine. How was your weekend?

没事的,我挺得住。你们这周末玩得怎么样?

Harry: We had a great time, Mom.

妈,我们玩得开心极了!

Richard: It was wonderful. The weather couldn't have been better.

简直太棒了,天气好得不能再好。

Ellen: It was nice here, too.

家这边这两天天气也挺好的。

Marilyn: Did you get a chance to get outside at all?

您有空出去散散步呼吸呼吸新鲜空气吗?

Ellen: Oh, yes. Grandpa helped me yesterday afternoon. I went to the supermarket to get a few things, and I stayed out an extra half hour. The village was filled with people—the weather was so nice.

噢,有的。昨天下午爷爷帮我顶了会儿手,我去超市买了点东西,还在外面多逗留了半个小时。镇上全是出来散步的人,这天气实在是太惬意了。

Richard: Harry's a professional camper, Mom. He knows all there is to know, and he made the weekend very easy for us to enjoy.

妈,哈里可是个老资历的野营专家。他门儿清得很,把一切都安排得井井有条,咱们玩得别提多惬意了。

Harry: Come on. You all helped.

嗨,哪儿的话,大家都动手帮忙了。

Susan: You were wonderful, Harry!

哈里你真的很棒!

Marilyn: Why don't you go to your room, Mom, and get some sleep?

妈,要不您赶紧回屋睡一会儿吧?

Ellen: Oh, I'm fine. Tell me more about your weekend. Did you do anything special?

没关系的,我挺得住。快再跟我讲讲你们露营的事,有做些什么特别活动吗?

Susan: Lots of special country things. We picked flowers.

做了好多有乡村特色的小事呢!我们还摘了花。

Marilyn: And we brought some home for you. It was so nice to be out in the country.

我们还特地采了一些带回来送给您呢。去郊外走走感觉真好。

Ellen: They smell wonderful.

这些花可真香!

Marilyn: Everything smelled so special. It would have been great if we had been able to bottle the smells.

那儿的所有气味都特别清新,要是咱们能把那些气味装进瓶子里带回来就好了。

Harry: It would be a great business if you could do that.

要是真能装瓶卖,那绝对是一笔大买卖!

[ Suddenly, baby Max starts crying upstairs again. ]

Ellen: Oh!

哎呀!(孩子又哭了)

Marilyn: Uh, we're home now, Ellen. We'll take care of it.

额,埃伦,既然我们都回来了,接下来的事就交给咱们吧。

Richard: I'll take care of it. Let's see if it works.

我去处理。咱们来看看这招管不管用!

[ Richard grabs the cassette player, walks upstairs, and turns on the soothing nature sounds they recorded in the woods. Meanwhile downstairs: ]

Ellen: What's that?

这是什么动静啊?

Susan: Well, we'd better head home. It's getting late, and we have a bit of a drive.

那个,时间不早了,我们得赶紧往家赶了,路上还要开一段距离呢。

Harry: Well, all your things are inside. There's your sleeping bag.

行,理查德你们的东西都搁在屋里了,那是你的睡袋。

Marilyn: Oh, thanks, Harry.

噢,多谢啦,哈里。

Harry: Say good-bye to Richard. We'll call you all tomorrow night.

代我们跟理查德打个招呼告别,明晚我们给你们打电话。

Marilyn: Good-bye.

再见!

Susan: Bye, Mom.

再见,妈妈。

Ellen: Bye-bye.

拜拜。

Marilyn: Bye.

慢走啊!

[ Harry and Susan leave. Richard comes back downstairs. The crying upstairs gradually stops as the soft nature recording plays. ]

Ellen: I'm so tired I think I'm overtired. I don't know if I can get to sleep.

我真是累惨了,感觉都困过头了,都不晓得自己还睡不睡得着。

Ellen: Max has stopped crying.

咦,麦克斯不哭了!

Marilyn: Yes. It works!

对呀!真的管用!

Richard: It works!

这招绝了!

Ellen: What works?

什么招数管用?

Richard: This.

就是这个!

Ellen: Oh. Oh, where did you get that? It sounds so nice. I think I'm falling asleep.

噢!天哪,你们从哪弄来的这个?这声音听着太惬意了……我感觉我眼皮要沉了,快要睡着了……

Richard: Like Max did.

就像刚刚的麦克斯一样。

Richard: Good night.

晚安啦。

Marilyn: Good night. Sounds of the country. The soothing sounds of the country.

晚安。大自然的天籁之音,这治愈安神的大自然声音。