Episode 25 Country Music ACT II 乡间之音 第二幕

In Act Two, Marilyn, Richard, Harry and Susan arrive at their campsite. Harry has been camping before, and he knows what to do. Later, Marilyn and Richard listen to the sounds of the country. And Marilyn gets an idea...

[ At the campsite in the woods. The group has just arrived and is taking in the scenery. ]

Susan: Oh, I love it! To be away from the city on such a beautiful day is my idea of heaven! The grass. The trees. The fresh air.

噢,我太喜欢这儿了!能在这么晴朗的日子里远离城市的喧嚣,简直就是我梦寐以求的天堂!这绿草、树木,还有这新鲜的空气!

Harry: I told you you'd like it. I've been doing this for years.

我早就说过你会喜欢这里的。我来这儿露营可有好些年头了。

Richard: You have the spirit of a teenager, Susan. Wait till you see yourself jumping around.

苏珊,你真像个活力四射的年轻人!等会儿看到你自己在这儿欢蹦乱跳的样儿,你就知道了。

Marilyn: That's what I love about Susan. She works hard. She plays hard. She's a real Stewart.

这就是我最喜欢苏珊的地方:工作时全力以赴,玩乐时尽情痛快!真不愧是斯图尔特家的人。

Harry: Come on, Richard. Help me get this stuff out of the car.

来吧,理查德,帮我把这些行李装备从车上搬下来。

Richard: Where does it go?

搬到哪里去?

Harry: Well, we'll put everything over there. We'll set up our tents over there by the edge of the woods. Then we'll be able to make our fire there where it's safe.

嗯,咱们把东西全放那边。在那边树林边缘扎帐篷,然后再在那边比较安全的地方搭篝火。

Richard: Oh, there's our table and benches. All set for eating.

噢,那边有桌子和长凳呢,用餐的家伙全齐了!

Harry: That's what makes this spot so good.

这正是这个营地最棒的地方。

Marilyn: Is anybody hungry?

有人饿了吗?

Susan: I am.

我饿了!

Harry: We just got here.

咱们这不是才刚到嘛。

Susan: When you're out in the fresh air like this, it makes you hungry. Aren't you hungry, Marilyn?

置身于这么新鲜的空气里,人就是容易饿呀。玛丽莲,难道你不饿吗?

Marilyn: I sure am. How about you, Richard?

我当然饿啦!理查德,你呢?

Richard: Starving.

快饿瘪了!

Harry: You guys are like three kids.

你们三个简直就像小朋友一样。

Richard: Aren't you hungry, Harry?

哈里,难道你自己不饿吗?

Harry: Well, yeah. Now that you mention it, I guess I am. I mean, how could a guy not be hungry with all this talk about eating?

嗯……好吧,被你们这么一说,我还真有点饿了。我的意思是,听你们不停念叨吃的,谁能不饿啊?

Marilyn: Where's the bag with the chicken salad sandwiches?

装鸡肉沙拉三明治的袋子在哪里?

Harry: Right here, next to the ice packs. Here. Put the tablecloth on the picnic table, and I will bring the cola and the plastic cups.

就在这儿呢,紧挨着冰袋。给,把台布铺在野餐桌上,我去拿可乐和塑料杯。

[ Later, they are sitting around relaxing after eating. ]

Harry: Well, how do you like it so far?

怎么样,目前感觉还满意吧?

Richard: I've never been more relaxed.

我从来没感觉这么放松过。

Marilyn: Me, neither.

我也是!

Susan: I wish we had brought Michelle, Harry. She would have loved it.

哈里,真希望咱们把米歇尔也带上,她肯定会开心坏的。

Marilyn: Oh, you're right. I wish we had brought Max.

噢,你说得对,要是把麦克斯也带来就好了。

Richard: Marilyn, Susan, let's not begin to worry about Michelle and Max. We're having a good time, and they're in good hands.

玛丽莲、苏珊,咱们就别在这儿操心米歇尔和麦克斯了。咱们玩得尽兴,况且他们也有人照顾得妥妥当当的。

Harry: Richard is right. Are you having a good time, Susan? You haven't answered my question.

理查德说的没错。苏珊,你玩得开心吗?你还没回答我刚才的问题呢。

Susan: I am having a good time, Harry. I promise not to think about the city. We're in the country. Let's all just enjoy this wonderful place and this wonderful weather.

我玩得非常开心,哈里!我保证不再去想城里的烦心事了。既然到了大自然中,咱们就好好享受这美好的地方和这绝妙的天气吧!

Harry: Good.

太好了。

Susan: This is heaven, Harry! It was such a great idea to spend the weekend this way.

这里简直就是天堂,哈里!用这种方式度周末真是太明智了!

Harry: Thanks, Susan. I thought you'd all like it.

谢谢你,苏珊。我就知道大家都会喜欢的。

Susan: Like it? I love it! Listen to the sounds of the summer that surround us. It's so calming.

岂止是喜欢?我简直太爱这儿了!听听环绕在我们身边的夏日虫鸣鸟叫,真是让人心旷神怡。

Harry: I've always liked camping out. Away from the telephones and account books. It's refreshing for me. I always go back to the city in a wonderful state of mind.

我一直都很喜欢露营。远离电话和账本,对我来说是一次绝佳的充电。每次回去,我都能以焕然一新的好心态重新投入城市生活。

Susan: We've only been here for a day, and I've completely forgotten about all my business problems. The office seems so far away.

咱们才刚来一天,我就把所有的工作烦恼忘得一干二净了,办公室感觉离我好遥远。

Harry: I'm glad you like it, Susan. We'll spend many more weekends like this.

很高兴你喜欢,苏珊。以后咱们多的是机会像这样度周末。

Susan: And next time we'll bring Michelle. I wish she were here with us to enjoy the country.

而且下次咱们一定要带上米歇尔,真希望她现在就在这儿和我们一起享受大自然。

Harry: And next time we'll bring Michelle.

好,下次一定带上她。

[ Meanwhile, Richard and Marilyn are relaxing nearby, listening to the nature sounds. ]

Marilyn: Just listen to the sound. It's so soothing.

你听听这大自然的声音,听着太治愈了。

Richard: I can hardly keep my eyes open. If only we could bottle the fresh air.

我都困得快睁不开眼了。要是咱们能把这新鲜空气装进瓶子里带走就好了。

Marilyn: Wouldn't it be wonderful?

那岂不是美滋滋?

Richard: We could call it "Deep Sleep Country Air."

咱们可以给它起名叫“安眠乡野空气”。

Marilyn: It puts you to sleep. So does the sound. I've been having a hard time keeping my eyes open just listening to it. It's like a special music.

它确实能催眠,这声音也一样。我光是听着就困得不行,这就像是一首特别的音乐。

Richard: Too bad we can't bottle the sound.

可惜咱们没法把声音也装进瓶子里。

Marilyn: But we can!

可是咱们能呀!

Richard: Can what?

能干嘛?

Marilyn: Bottle the sound.

把声音“装”起来!

Richard: What are you talking about?

你在说什么呢?

[ Marilyn pulls out the tape recorder they packed earlier and holds it up with a smile. ]

Richard: Oh, yeah? Great idea! Let's do it!

噢,对啊!太绝了!咱们赶紧录下来!