Episode 25 Country Music ACT I

乡间之音 第一幕

n Act One, Ellen helps Richard prepare for a camping trip. Ellen has offered to baby-sit for Max while Richard and Marilyn are away. But Marilyn doesn't feel comfortable about leaving the baby. Why is Marilyn so concerned about leaving Max?

[ In the kitchen. Richard and Marilyn are packing supplies for their weekend camping trip while Ellen helps out. ]

Richard: Hot dogs. I love hot dogs. There is nothing better than a hot dog in the country.

热狗,我太爱吃热狗了!去郊外野营,没有什么比啃上一口热狗更爽的了。

Ellen: Hot dogs and mustard.

热狗配黄芥末酱,绝配!

Richard: Cooked outdoors over an open fire. I wish I had one now.

在户外用篝火烤着吃,我现在光想想都流口水,真想立马吃上一根。

Ellen: Do you remember when Daddy and I used to take you and Susan and Robbie to Jones Beach?

你还记得以前我和你爸爸带着你、苏珊还有罗比去琼斯海滩玩的情景吗?

Richard: Oh, I sure do.

噢,那当然记得!

Ellen: We'd wait until dark and make a fire, and we'd cook the hot dogs. Oh, don't forget the mustard. And, oh, does anybody want ketchup?

咱们会一直等到天黑,升起篝火烤热狗吃。噢,可别忘了黄芥末酱!还有,有人要番茄酱吗?

Richard: I might as well take it along. And now to make sure we've got the hamburger patties. I have to remember to put them in the bag tomorrow morning before we leave.

我也把番茄酱带上吧。现在得确认一下汉堡肉饼带了没有。我得记着明天早上出发前把肉饼装进包里。

Ellen: I'll remind you, Richard.

到时候我会提醒你的,理查德。

Richard: Mom, we really appreciate your taking care of Max for the weekend and giving up your free time.

妈妈,非常感谢你牺牲周末的空闲时间来帮我们照顾麦克斯。

Ellen: I love doing it. Susan and Harry have a sitter for Michelle in the city, and I'm taking care of Max. It's no big deal. I am happy to do it for you.

我很乐意照看他!苏珊和哈里在城里给米歇尔请了保姆,我来照看麦克斯,这没什么大不了的,能帮你们我很高兴。

Richard: I guess Max is asleep by now. He's not crying anymore.

我想麦克斯现在应该睡着了,他都不哭了。

Ellen: Oh, poor baby. He's teething.

可怜的小宝贝,他这是在长牙呢。

[ Marilyn comes downstairs after checking on the baby. ]

Marilyn: Well, he's asleep—finally. I feel so bad for him. It hurts so much when a baby gets his first teeth.

唉,他终于睡着了。看着他真让人心疼,小宝宝长第一颗牙的时候可难受了。

Ellen: He'll be fine, Marilyn.

没事的,玛丽莲,他会好起来的。

Richard: Well, he wakes up several times during the night, and the pain is so bad.

不过他半夜会醒来好几次,那牙疼得实在受不了。

Marilyn: I'm really concerned about going away for the weekend, Ellen, and leaving you with the full responsibility of taking care of Max. Especially with his teething. I wish he felt better.

埃伦,我们周末出去玩,把照顾麦克斯的全盘重任都丢给你,我心里实在有些不踏实。特别是他现在还在出牙,要是他能好受点就好了。

Ellen: Please don't worry, Marilyn. Remember your father-in-law's a pediatrician. We have a live-in doctor if there's a problem I can't handle.

千万别担心,玛丽莲。别忘了你公公就是儿科医生,要是有什么我搞不定的问题,家里可就住着一位大夫呢!

Richard: I agree, Marilyn. We really don't have to be overly concerned.

我同意妈妈说的,玛丽莲,咱们真不用过于担心。

Richard: I'll go upstairs and stay with him until he falls asleep again.

我上楼去陪着他,等他彻底睡稳了再下来。

Marilyn: Thanks, Richard. Try putting him across your lap on his stomach. He likes that.

谢谢老公。试着让他趴在你腿上,他挺喜欢那样的。

Richard: I'll try it.

好的,我试试。

[ Richard goes upstairs. Marilyn and Ellen continue chatting. ]

Ellen: When are Susan and Harry picking you up, Marilyn?

苏珊和哈里明天什么时候来接你们,玛丽莲?

Marilyn: They're coming by at six tomorrow morning, so we can get an early start.

他们明天早晨六点过来,这样咱们就能早点出发。

Ellen: That's nice. And you'll have a full day in the country.

那挺好的,这样你们就能在郊外畅玩一整天了。

Marilyn: And a full night. Tomorrow night we'll be camping out in tents.

还有一整晚呢!明晚我们要扎帐篷露营。

Ellen: And coming home on Sunday?

周日返回吗?

Marilyn: We'll be heading back late in the afternoon.

对,咱们周日下午傍晚时分往回赶。

Ellen: You're going to have the time of your lives. Camping out is such great fun.

你们一定会玩得很尽兴的,露营可好玩了。

Marilyn: We'll have a great time camping out, I'm sure. But I'm still a little worried about you, Ellen.

我相信露营肯定很有趣,但我心里还是有点挂念你,埃伦。

Ellen: It will be my great pleasure, Marilyn. Remember, it's only one night.

这对我来说可是莫大的乐趣呢,玛丽莲。再说了,也就短短一个晚上而已。

[ Richard comes back downstairs. ]

Richard: He's asleep. I think he'll sleep through the night now.

他睡着了,我觉得他这次能一觉睡到大天亮。

Marilyn: Thanks, honey. I hope he's good when we're away.

谢谢老公。希望咱们不在的时候他能乖乖听话。

Richard: Well, so do I. Now, to check the list of things we need for the camping trip. We need to bring a flashlight.

我也这么希望。好啦,现在核对一下露营需要的物品清单:咱们得带个手电筒。

Ellen: It's in the right-hand drawer, next to the bottle openers.

手电筒在右手边的抽屉里,就在瓶起子旁边。

Richard: Do we have a bottle opener on the list, Marilyn?

玛丽莲,咱们的清单上有瓶起子吗?

Marilyn: No. No bottle opener. Is that one of the things Susan and Harry are bringing?

没有,没写瓶起子。那是苏珊和哈里负责带的东西吗?

Richard: No. And we're bringing the ketchup, mustard, relish—all that stuff. And cooking utensils. Well, here's the bottle opener, and here's the flashlight.

不是,番茄酱、黄芥末酱、酸菜酱这些全都是咱们带,还有烹饪用具也是。行啦,瓶起子拿到了,手电筒也在这儿。

Ellen: Matches.

别忘了火柴!

Marilyn: Matches?

火柴?

Richard: Yes, of course. For when we build our campfire. I can't build a fire by rubbing two pieces of wood together.

对呀,当然要带!搭篝火的时候用得上。我可没那本事钻木取火。

Marilyn: And don't forget your camera and film, Richard.

还有别忘了你的相机和胶卷,理查德。

Richard: All packed and ready.

都已经装好包预备齐了!

Marilyn: And let's not forget our cassette player and some tapes. Some music tapes and some blank tapes so that we can record our thoughts about the trip.

咱们可别忘了带录音机和磁带。带几盒音乐磁带,再带几盒空白磁带,这样咱们就能把这次旅行的心得感受随时录下来了。

Ellen: Oh, that's a nice idea. An audio diary.

噢,这主意真不错,声音日记!

Marilyn: That's what I thought.

我也是这么想的。

Richard: Got it! The cassette player and the tapes.

齐活!录音机和磁带收好咯!

本课重点词汇

0 个相关单词