Episode 24 Parting Friends ACT III

饯行聚会 第三幕

In Act Three, Robbie's friends are disappointed because Alexandra can't come to the party. They are afraid that Robbie will be disappointed too. When Robbie returns from the airport, he does seem upset. Will Robbie see Alexandra again?

[ At the Stewart home. The party decorations are still up, and Robbie's friends are waiting for him to return from dropping off Alexandra at the airport. ]

Millie: How about some music?

放点音乐怎么样?

Sandra: No, let's wait till Robbie gets back from the airport.

先别放了,咱们还是等罗比从机场回来再说吧。

Millie: Did she say why she had to leave today?

她有说为什么今天非走不可吗?

Mike: She told Robbie that her flight tomorrow was canceled, so she had to take an earlier flight today.

她跟罗比说她明天的航班取消了,所以今天不得不改乘早班机走。

Millie: This is terrible.

这真是太糟了。

Mike: Well, that must be him.

听,肯定是他回来了。

Sandra: Why is he blowing his horn like that?

他怎么把车喇叭按得这么响啊?

Mike: I don't know. Maybe he's angry.

不知道呀,没准心里正烦着发火呢。

Sandra: Do you think we should take down the decorations? They'll just make him sad.

你们觉得咱们要不要把这些装饰拆掉?他看了只会触景伤情吧。

Mike: Too late now. We should have done it sooner. Oh, here he comes.

现在拆太晚啦,刚才早该拆了。噢,他进来了!

[ Robbie enters, smiling, with Alexandra by his side! ]

Mike: Hi, how'd it go?

嗨!情况怎么样?

Robbie: OK, I guess. Especially when Alexandra gave me a surprise...

我觉得挺好的!特别是当亚历山德拉给了我一个大惊喜之后……

Mike: Yeah? What was it?

真的吗?什么惊喜呀?

Robbie: This!

就是这个!

Mike: Alexandra!

亚历山德拉!

Sandra: Hi! What happened?

天哪!嗨!到底发生什么事了?

Alexandra: I called my parents from the airport. When I told them my friends were giving me a party, they insisted that I stay. So now I'm taking a flight on Monday instead.

我在机场给我爸妈打了电话,当我告诉他们我的朋友们正要给我办派对时,他们坚持让我留下来!所以我改签到了周一的航班!

Mike: That's great! Terrific!

太棒了!简直太给力了!

Sandra: But how did you know the party was for you?

不过你怎么知道派对是为你办的呀?

Alexandra: Well, Robbie told me when he gave me this.

嗯,是罗比送我这个的时候亲口告诉我的。

Sandra: Oh, it's so pretty!

哇,这好漂亮啊!

Alexandra: It's lovely, Robbie.

罗比,这礼物真的太精致了。

Millie: All right! Now we can really start the party!

太好啦!现在咱们可以真正开启派对狂欢啦!

Alexandra: No. Would you mind? I'd like to say something first.

稍等一下,大家介意让我先说两句吗?

Philip: Hear, hear!

大家静一静,听她说!

Alexandra: I should just like to thank all of you, my friends, who have made my stay in the United States so wonderful. And to Robbie and the Stewart family for opening their home to me.

我只想由衷地感谢在座的各位朋友,是你们让我留美的这段时光变得如此精彩。也要特别感谢罗比和斯图尔特一家,敞开家门热情地接纳了我。

Robbie: We should thank you. You're a real friend!

应该感谢你才对,你是一个真正值得珍惜的好朋友!

Alexandra: And I also have a little surprise for you, Robbie. A little going-away present.

而且我也给你准备了一个小惊喜,罗比。一份小小的告别礼物。

Robbie: Thank you.

谢谢你!

Alexandra: Open it, please. I think you might be amused.

快拆开看看吧,我想你可能会觉得挺有意思的。

[ Robbie opens the gift box and reveals a wristwatch identical to the one he bought for Alexandra. ]

Robbie: OK. I can't believe it!

好的……天呐,我简直不敢相信!

Alexandra: I guess we were thinking the same thought.

看来咱们俩真是心有灵犀,想到一块儿去了。

Robbie: You had it engraved!

你还在上面刻了字!

Ellen: Read it, Robbie.

念出来听听,罗比。

Robbie: "In friendship, always. Alexandra." I knew we thought alike, but this is too much! Thank you.

“友谊长存。亚历山德拉。”我知道咱们俩默契十足,但这惊喜也太离谱了!谢谢你!

Mike: All right! Let's have some music!

太棒了!奏乐,舞起来!

Robbie: Miss Pappas?

帕帕斯小姐,能赏光跳个舞吗?

Alexandra: Mr. Stewart...

斯图尔特先生,荣幸之至……

Philip: Mrs. Stewart, may I have this dance?

斯图尔特太太,能请您跳支舞吗?

Ellen: My pleasure, Doctor.

这是我的荣幸,医生。

本课重点词汇

0 个相关单词