Episode 21 A Big Fish in a Little Pond ACT II

小池塘里的大鱼 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

Susan: Hello. Hello there. Are you ready for lunch with your grandpa?

哈罗。准备好跟你的祖父一起吃午饭了吗?

Susan: Oh! Hi, Grandpa. Yes, of course, I am, but my mind isn't.

噢!嗨,爷爷。是的,当然准备好了,但我现在有点心烦意乱。

Grandpa: What's the matter, Susan?

怎么了,苏珊?

Susan: A real dilemma.

真是一个进退两难的困境。

Grandpa: Does it have anything to do with you and Harry?

是关于你和哈里的事吗?

Susan: Yes, but I don't know where to start.

是的,但我不知道该从何说起。

Grandpa: Maybe I can help. Tell me what it is, Susan.

也许我能帮忙。苏珊,告诉我到底是什么事。

Susan: Thanks, Grandpa. Please sit down.

谢谢您,爷爷。请坐。

Susan: Oh! Harry has been offered a job in Los Angeles.

噢!哈里在洛杉矶得到了一个工作机会。

Grandpa: Well, this is something to think about.

嗯,这确实是件值得考虑的事。

Susan: There are so many things to consider. There's Michelle.

要考虑的事情太多了。首先是米歇尔。

Susan: I wonder if a move would be a bad thing for her. And my job.

我在想搬家对她来说会不会是件坏事。还有我的工作。

Susan: I don't know if I can get a good job in Los Angeles.

我不知道能不能在洛杉矶找到一份好工作。

Susan: And what about our family?

还有咱们这一大家子人怎么办?

Grandpa: Can I tell you what I think?

能听听我的想法吗?

Susan: Tell me.

您说吧。

Grandpa: I think that you're very successful

我认为你非常成功,

Grandpa: and that you have a fantastic reputation in the toy industry.

而且在玩具行业有着极佳的声誉。

Grandpa: I think you could talk to Mr. Marchetta,

我觉得你可以去跟马凯塔先生谈谈,

Grandpa: and I think

我想

Grandpa: he could help you find a real good job in Los Angeles.

他能帮你在洛杉矶找到一份真正的好工作。

Grandpa: He was very helpful to me, remember?

他以前帮过我大忙,记得吗?

Susan: I suppose I could call him.

我想我可以打个电话给他。

Susan: But I'm not so sure that I want to leave New York,

但我不太确定自己是否真的想离开纽约,

Susan: you, and the rest of our family.

离开您,还有家里的其他人。

Grandpa: Well, I'm not going to kid you, Susan.

好啦,苏珊,我不想哄你。

Grandpa: You know we'd all miss you.

你知道我们大家都会想念你的。

Grandpa: But this should be your decision.

但这必须由你自己做决定。

Grandpa: It's something that only you and Harry can work out.

这件事只有你和哈里商量着定夺。

Susan: If moving to L.A. is in Harry's best interest,

如果搬到洛杉矶对哈里的前途最有利,

Susan: I have to do what I can do to support him.

我必须尽全力支持他。

Susan: In every marriage,

在每一段婚姻中,

Susan: sacrifices have to be made by one partner from time to time.

伴侣之间总要不时地为对方做出一些牺牲。

Susan: And what about Michelle?

那米歇尔怎么办呢?

Grandpa: Well, what do you think?

嗯,你觉得呢?

Susan: I think Michelle is better off staying where she is.

我觉得让米歇尔待在原地(纽约)比较好。

Grandpa: What does she think?

她自己是怎么想的?

Susan: I don't know for sure.

我不确定。

Grandpa: Well, you'll have to ask her.

那你得去问问她。

Susan: I think I'm going to have a talk with Mr. Marchetta

我想我要去跟马凯塔先生谈谈,

Susan: and get his feelings about my leaving.

听听他对我要离开这件事的看法。

Susan: And about helping me find a job in Los Angeles.

并请他帮我在洛杉矶找份工作。

Grandpa: Good idea.

好主意。

Susan: I'll call him right now. No point in delaying.

我这就打电话给他。没必要拖拉。

Susan: Thanks, Grandpa.

谢谢您,爷爷。

Bill: Harry, it's the perfect job for you. You'll love it.

哈里,这是为你量身定做的工作,你会爱上它的。

Harry: It's a big decision for me, Bill.

比尔,这对我来说是个重大决定。

Harry: And I have to discuss it with my wife.

我必须和妻子商量。

Harry: I don't know if it's right for her.

我不知道这是否适合她。

Bill: She'll love it. It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer, Harry.

她会喜欢的。哈里,这是千载难逢的机会。

Harry: OK. Tell it to me again.

好吧。再跟我详细说一遍。

Bill: The company is Craft and Craft,

这家公司是克拉夫特会计师事务所,

Bill: the biggest accounting company in the country.

全美最大的会计公司。

Harry: I know the company well. It's big.

我很了解这家公司,规模确实很大。

Bill: The biggest.

是最大的。

Harry: Yeah, yeah. The biggest. When do I have to let you know?

是的,最大的。我什么时候得给你答复?

Bill: Talk it over. Think it over. Let me know by the end of the week.

商量一下,好好考虑。这周末之前告诉我。

Harry: When would we have to move?

什么时候得搬过去?

Bill: As soon as possible.

越快越好。

Harry: I also have my daughter to consider.

我还得考虑我女儿。

Harry: I don't want to interrupt her school year.

我不想打断她的学年。

Bill: Let me know by the end of the week.

周末之前告诉我。

Bill: It's a great opportunity for you, Harry.

哈里,这对你来说是个绝佳的机会。

Bill: Believe me.

相信我。

Harry: I know.

我知道。

Harry: Craft and Craft is the biggest in the country.

克拉夫特公司是全美最大的。

Bill: Yeah, I know. The biggest.

是的,我知道。最大的。

Harry: I think Michelle is asleep now. Let's talk.

我想米歇尔已经睡了。咱们谈谈吧。

Harry: I met with Bill York today.

我今天和比尔·约克见过面了。

Susan: And I talked with Mr. Marchetta. Did York make the offer?

我也和马凯塔先生谈过了。约克正式提出邀请了吗?

Harry: Yup. He asked me if I want the job.

嗯。他问我是否愿意接受这份工作。

Susan: That's exciting, Harry. What was it?

哈里,那太令人兴奋了。是什么职位?

Harry: A vice-presidency

副总裁,

Harry: with the biggest accounting company in the country--

在全美最大的会计公司——

Harry: Craft and Craft.

克拉夫特会计师事务所。

Susan: Aren't you excited about that?

你难道不感到兴奋吗?

Harry: Sure I am. But there's so much more to consider.

我当然兴奋。但还有很多事需要考虑。

Susan: I talked to Mr. Marchetta.

我跟马凯塔先生谈过了。

Harry: What did he say? Did you tell him about me?

他怎么说?你跟他提到我了吗?

Susan: Of course, Harry. I want what's best for you,

当然了,哈里。我希望你前程似锦,

Susan: and I think I can get a good job

而且我想通过马凯塔先生的帮助,

Susan: through Mr. Marchetta

我也能在洛杉矶

Susan: in Los Angeles also.

找到一份好工作。

Harry: You're kidding.

你在开玩笑吧。

Susan: No, I'm not kidding.

不,我不是开玩笑。

Susan: I talked with him, and he understands completely.

我跟他谈过了,他完全理解。

Susan: He has a major toy buyer in Los Angeles,

他在洛杉矶有一个重要的玩具买家,

Susan: and he's pretty sure that I can get a good job there.

他相当肯定我也能在那里找到好工作。

Harry: Unbelievable!

真不敢相信!

Susan: But I think we should talk to Michelle about all of this.

但我觉得我们应该和米歇尔谈谈这些。

Harry: You're right. We'll talk to her about it.

你说得对。我们要跟她谈谈。

Susan: And how do you feel about taking the job in Los Angeles?

那你对去洛杉矶工作感觉如何?

Harry: How should I feel?

我该怎么感觉呢?

Harry: It's the biggest company in the country.

那可是全国最大的公司啊。

Susan: Well, then you feel good about taking it?

这么说,你觉得接受它很不错?

Harry: Well ... I feel fine about it. Why shouldn't I?

嗯……我觉得挺好的。为什么不呢?

单词列表

0