Episode 21 A Big Fish in a Little Pond ACT I

小池塘里的大鱼 第一幕

In Act One, Susan and Harry talk about their lives together. Susan wants to know what Harry is thinking. Michelle wonders if everything is all right.

[ In the living room. Michelle is trying on new clothes while Susan and Harry look on. ]

Michelle: I really like this one, Susan. Do you?

苏珊,我真的很喜欢这件。你觉得呢?

Susan: Turn around, Michelle. Let me see the back of it. I like it a lot. It fits well. It doesn't need any alterations. We must've bought the right size.

转个身,米歇尔,让我看看后背。我很喜欢,挺合身的,一点儿都不用改。咱们这次买的尺码肯定没错。

Harry: I like the color. She looks good in blue.

我挺喜欢这颜色的,她穿蓝色很好看。

Michelle: I like blue, too, Daddy.

爸爸,我也喜欢蓝色。

Susan: Try on the skirt and blouse outfit, Michelle—the one that Daddy wanted you to wear.

米歇尔,再去试试那套半身裙和衬衫吧——就是你爸爸想让你穿的那套。

Michelle: OK.

好的。

[ Michelle goes to her room to change. ]

Harry: Michelle has been a different kid since we've been married. She's never been happier.

咱们结婚之后,米歇尔就像变了个人似的,她从没这么开心过。

Susan: And I've never been happier, Harry. I love her very much. She's been a joy.

哈利,我也从没这么幸福过。我特别爱她,她给我们带来了好多快乐。

Harry: We're very lucky, the three of us... and becoming part of the Stewart family, too.

咱们三个人真的很幸运……而且还能融入斯图尔特这个大家庭。

Susan: We couldn't ask for anything more, could we?

咱们已经知足常乐了,还能再奢求什么呢?对吧?

Harry: Well...

嗯……

Susan: Well...? Could we ask for anything more?

“嗯……?”难道我们还能再奢求什么吗?

Harry: Well... we...

这个嘛……我们……

[ Michelle comes back out wearing the skirt and blouse outfit. ]

Michelle: How do you like it, Daddy?

爸爸,这套你喜欢吗?

Harry: It's my favorite outfit.

这是我最喜欢的一套了。

Susan: It's good for every day. It will be good for school, Michelle.

平时穿挺合适的。米歇尔,穿这套去上学很棒。

Michelle: I like it, too. I always like skirts that go like this. Do you want to see the winter jacket on me, Susan?

我也很喜欢,我一直都喜欢这种款式的裙子。苏珊,你想看看我穿冬款外套的样子吗?

Susan: Yes, I do. Change back into your jeans, and put on the new winter jacket we bought today.

想呀!换回你的牛仔裤,试一下咱们今天买的那件新冬款外套吧。

Michelle: OK.

好嘞。

[ Michelle goes to change again. ]

Susan: What did you mean by "well...?" You had something on your mind when I said we couldn't ask for anything more.

你刚才那句“嗯……”是什么意思?当我讲咱们知足常乐的时候,你心里是不是揣着什么事?

[ Michelle returns wearing the new winter jacket. ]

Michelle: Is everything all right?

出什么事了吗?

Harry: Everything is fine, Michelle.

没事,米歇尔,一切都好。

Susan: Let's take a look at the winter jacket. Come on over here, honey.

咱们来看看这件冬款外套。来,宝贝,上这儿来。

Michelle: It's kind of warm.

这件有点暖和过头了。

Susan: It is. That's why we bought it for you. This will be a perfect jacket for the wintertime when it's very cold out. But it's kind of small also. We must've bought the wrong size.

是的,所以咱们才买给你呀。等冬天外面特别冷的时候,穿这件外套最合适了。不过看起来确实有点小,咱们肯定买错尺码了。

Harry: Looks like we should've bought a bigger one. I guess we'll have to exchange it, too. I'm sure the store has others.

看来咱们应该买大一码的。估计咱们得拿去退换了,商店里肯定还有别的尺码。

Michelle: I look silly! It is too small!

我看起来好滑稽!这真的太小了!

Susan: You're growing so fast, Michelle.

米歇尔,你长得可真快。

Michelle: Can I take it off? I'm hot!

我能脱了吗?我好热啊!

Susan: Sure. Put it back in your room, and we'll hang everything up later.

当然可以,放回你房间去吧,待会儿咱们把所有衣服都挂起来。

[ Michelle goes back to her room. ]

Susan: Well, are you going to tell me what's on your mind, Harry?

好啦,哈利,你准备告诉我你心里在操心什么了吗?

Harry: I have been offered a job with a major accounting company in Los Angeles.

洛杉矶有一家大型会计师事务所给我提供了一份工作。

Susan: Los Angeles? That's a big decision.

洛杉矶?这可真是个重大的决定。

Harry: I know. It will also affect you and your job, if we decide to go.

我知道。如果我们决定去,这也会影响到你和你的工作。

Susan: Wow! It sure will. But first tell me about the job, Harry. If it's a good one, then we'll make it work for us.

哇!那确实会。不过哈利,你先跟我讲讲这份工作吧。如果真是个好机会,咱们会想办法解决困难的。

Harry: I have a client in the garment business, on Seventh Avenue. I do his taxes every year. He has a big sales office in Los Angeles, and the company in Los Angeles that does his major accounting work is looking for an executive. And he recommended me.

我在第七大道有个做服装生意的客户,我每年都帮他报税。他在洛杉矶有个很大的销售办事处,而洛杉矶那边负责他核心会计业务的公司正好在招一名高管,他就把我推荐过去了。

Susan: That's wonderful, Harry.

这太棒了,哈利!

Harry: Yes, but it would mean that we'd have to move to L.A.

是的,但这也意味着咱们得搬去洛杉矶。

Susan: What about the salary?

薪水方面怎么样?

Harry: The real discussion comes tomorrow. Susan, I don't plan to make any decisions until I have a chance to talk with you about it.

正式的洽谈是在明天。苏珊,在跟你好好商量之前,我不打算做任何决定。

Susan: I understand, Harry.

我明白,哈利。

Harry: And I don't have to make a quick decision. They know that I'm married and that I have a family.

而且我也用不着仓促决定,他们知道我已经成家了,有老婆孩子。

Susan: Well, there's a lot to think about. If it's a good job, then I've got to do some thinking about my career opportunities in Los Angeles.

嗯,确实有很多需要考虑的。如果这是一份好工作,那我也得好好思考一下我在洛杉矶的发展机会了。

[ Michelle comes back into the room. ]

Michelle: Is everything OK?

一切都还好吗?

Susan: Yes, honey.

是的,宝贝,一切都好。

本课重点词汇

0 个相关单词