Episode 1 46 Linden Street ACT I

林登大街46号 (第一幕)

Watch the video then answer the question: What does Richard forget?

[ On a ferryboat in New York Harbor. We can see the Statue of Liberty. Richard Steward, 30, is taking pictures. ]

Richard: Excuse me. My name is Richard Stewart. I'm a photographer. May I take a picture of you and your little boy?

不好意思,打扰一下。我叫理查德 • 斯图尔特。我是一位摄影师。我可以给你和你的小男孩儿拍一张照片吗?

Mrs. Vann: What's it for?

(拍来)做什么用呢?

Richard: It's for a book.

用在一本书里。

Mrs. Vann: You're writing a book?

你在写一本书吗?

Richard: It's a book of pictures. I call it Family Album, U.S.A.

是一本摄影集。我把它叫作《走遍美国》。

Mrs. Vann: Oh, that's a nice idea. Well, it's fine if you take our picture. I'm Martha Vann. [ She offers her hand. ]

噢,那是一个好主意。好吧,(你)拍吧,没关系的。我叫玛莎 • 范。

Richard: Thank you. I appreciate your help. I'm Richard. What's your name?

谢谢。很感谢您的帮助。我是理查德,你叫什么?

Gerald: Gerald.

杰拉尔得。

Richard: How old are you, Gerald?

你今年多大?

Gerald: Five.

五岁。

Richard: And where do you live?

你们住哪里的?

Mrs. Vann: We live in California.

我们住在加利福尼亚州 。

Richard: Well, welcome to New York. OK, just a second. [ He takes out a reflector to have more light for his photographs. ] I'm almost ready here. 

噢,欢迎你们到纽约来。好,请稍等一下。我马上就准备好了。

[ Alexandra, a sixteen-year-old girl, is watching. ]

Alexandra: Can I help you?

需要帮忙吗?

Richard: Oh, please. [ He gives her the reflector to hold. then he speaks to Mrs. Vann and her son. ] Hold Gerald's hand, please. Great! Now point to the buildings. Terrific! Give Mommy a kiss, Gerald. Nice! Thank you, Gerald. And thank you, Mrs. Vann.

噢,谢谢,请拉着杰拉尔得的手。很好!现在请你用手指着那些建筑物。好极了!杰拉尔得亲你妈咪一下,很好!谢谢你,杰拉尔得。谢谢你,范太太。

Mrs. Vann: Oh, my pleasure. We'll be looking for your book.

噢,不客气。我们一定去买你的书。

Richard: Thank you. Good-bye. Bye, Gerald. [ To Alexandra ] Thanks again.

谢谢。再见。杰拉尔得,再见。再次感谢 。

Alexandra: Oh, you're welcome.

噢 ,请别客气。

Richard: Hey, let me take your picture!

嘿 ,让我给你拍一张照片吧。

Alexandra: Wonderful. Please.

那好极了,谢谢啦。

Richard: Are you from New York?

你是纽约人吗?

Alexandra: No, I'm from Greece. I'm an exchange student.

不是,我是希腊人。我是交换生。

Richard: When did you come here?

你什么时候来的?

Alexandra: Three months ago.

三个月之前。

Richard: Your English is very good.

你的英语说得很好啊。

Alexandra: Thanks. I studied English in school.

谢谢夸奖。我以前在学校里学的英语。

[ They sit on a bench. ]

Richard: Would you like some coffee?

想来点咖啡吗?

Alexandra: No, thank you. Tell me about your book.

谢谢,不必了。能给我讲讲你的那本书吗?

Richard: Oh, it's not finished yet, but I have some of the pictures. Would you like to see them?

噢,还没有编写完呢,可以照片已经有一些了。你想要看一看吗?

Alexandra: Yes, I'd like that.

好啊,我想看一下。

Richard: Here they are. [ He opens his bag and takes out a photo album. ] Family Album, U.S.A. It's an album of pictures of the United States: the cities, the special places, and the people. [ He shows her the photos. ] And these are pictures of people working: steel workers, bankers, police, street vendors, ambulance drivers, doctors... Oh, this is my father. He's a doctor. This is my mother.

就是这个。《走遍美国》,这是一本关于美国的影集:城市、旅游点以及一些人。这些是人们正在工作的照片:钢铁工人、银行家、警察、街头小贩、救护车驾驶员、医生等等…噢,这是我父亲。他是一名医生。这是我母亲。

Alexandra: What's her name?

她(他的母亲)叫什么名字?

Richard: Ellen. My younger brother, Robbie. He goes to high school. This is my sister Susan. She works for a toy company. Here's my grandfather. He lives in Florida. And this is my wife Marilyn.

她叫埃伦。这是我弟弟罗比,他在上高中。这是我妹妹苏珊,她在一家玩具公司工作。这是我的爷爷,他住在在佛罗里达州。这张是我的太太玛丽琳。

Alexandra: Oh, she's very pretty.

她真漂亮(指他的太太)。

Richard: Thanks. And what about your family?

谢谢。那你的家人(家庭情况)呢?

Alexandra: They're in Thessaloniki. That's a large city in northern Greece. But now I'm living in the Bronx.

他们住在塞萨洛尼基。那是希腊北部的一个大城市。但现在我住在纽约布朗克斯区。

Richard: With a Greek-American family?

跟一家希腊裔的美国家庭住吗?

Alexandra: No. Hispanic.

不是,是西班牙裔家庭的美国人。

Richard: [ He hears a foghorn. ] Oh no! It's five thirty. Will you excuse me? I have to meet my wife.

哎呀,已经五点半了。对不起,我要失陪了。我得去接我太太。

Alexandra: It was nice meeting you.

能认识你,真高兴。

Richard: It was a pleasure meeting you, too. Thanks for your help. And good luck! I've got to go. By the way. I'm Richard. What's your name?

我也很高兴认识你。谢谢你帮了我的忙。祝你好运,我得走了。噢,我忘了说,我叫理查德。你呢?

Alexandra: Alexandra.

亚力山德拉。

Richard: Bye-bye, Alexandra. Thanks.

再见,亚力山德拉。谢谢。

Alexandra: Bye-bye. [ Richard hurries off the boat. Alexandra sees that he forgot one of his bags. She takes it and begins to follow him. ] Richard! Richard! You left your bag.

再见,理查德!理查德!你忘记拿你的包了!

一般疑问句 特殊疑问句

单词列表

16
photographer/ fəˈtɒɡrəfə(r) /n. 摄影师
picture */ ˈpɪktʃə(r) /n. 照片
album */ ˈælbəm /n. 相册
appreciate */ əˈpriːʃieɪt /v. 感激、感谢
terrific/ təˈrɪfɪk /adj. 好极了
pleasure/ ˈpleʒə(r) /n. 乐意、高兴
wonderful */ ˈwʌndəf(ə)l /adj. 好啊
exchange */ ɪksˈtʃeɪndʒ /n. 交换、互换
finish */ ˈfɪnɪʃ /v. 完成
steel/ stiːl /n. 钢铁
banker/ ˈbæŋkə(r) /n. 银行家
vendor/ ˈvendə(r) /n. 小贩,摊贩
Florida/ ˈflɒrɪdə /n. 佛罗里达(美国州名)
Greek-American/ ɡriːk əˈmerɪkən /n. 希腊裔美国人
Hispanic/ hɪˈspænɪk /n. 讲西班牙语的美国居民(尤指拉美裔美国人)
left */ left /v. 落下(遗忘)