Episode 24 Parting Friends ACT II 饯行聚会 第二幕

In Act Two, Robbie invites Alexandra to the party. But he doesn't tell her that the party is for her. It's a surprise. On Saturday, Robbie and his friends get ready for Alexandra's surprise party. What's wrong?

[ In Robbie's room. Robbie and Alexandra are studying math. ]

Alexandra: You ready for the next problem?

准备好做下一道题了吗?

Robbie: You know what? I can't look at another number. How about a lemonade break?

你知道吗?我真是连一个数字都看不下去了。咱们歇会儿喝杯柠檬水怎么样?

Alexandra: Sure.

好啊。

Robbie: Oh, by the way, when is your plane reservation for your flight to Athens?

噢,对了,你飞往雅典的机票订在什么时候?

Alexandra: Sunday. Why?

周日。怎么啦?

Robbie: Would you be able to come over Saturday night?

周六晚上你能过来一趟吗?

Alexandra: Yes. I should be finished packing by then.

可以啊,到那时候我应该已经收拾好行李了。

Robbie: My folks are giving me a little graduation party.

我爸妈要给我举办个小型的毕业派对。

Alexandra: Terrific!

太棒了!

Robbie: I'll pick you up.

到时候我去接你。

Alexandra: That isn't necessary.

不用那么麻烦啦。

Robbie: My dad's letting me borrow the car.

我爸把车借给我开了。

Alexandra: Oh, well, that would be very nice.

噢,那可太好了。

Robbie: About eight o'clock?

八点左右可以吗?

Alexandra: Eight o'clock is fine.

八点挺好的。

Robbie: Great! It's a date.

太好了!那就这么定咯。

Alexandra: Who's going to be there?

都有谁会去呀?

Robbie: Just my friend Mike and a few kids from school.

就我的好朋友迈克,还有学校里的几个同学。

Alexandra: I'm going to miss all of you. You've been like a second family to me.

我真的会特别想念你们大家的。对我来说,你们就像是我的第二个家。

Robbie: We're going to miss you.

我们也会特别想念你的。

Alexandra: Maybe you could come to visit me in Greece?

也许以后你可以来希腊看我?

Robbie: I'm counting on it.

我可就盼着这事呢!

Alexandra: Wonderful! Are you excited about graduating from high school?

太好了!对于高中毕业,你感到兴奋吗?

Robbie: Sure... and a little scared.

当然兴奋……但也有一点害怕。

Alexandra: Scared? Why?

害怕?为什么?

Robbie: Aren't you a little scared?

难道你就没有一点害怕吗?

Alexandra: I was when I first came to the United States. I'd never been away from home, and I didn't know what it would be like. But then I found out that people are the same everywhere once you get to know them.

我刚来美国那会儿确实挺害怕的。我以前从没离开过家,也不知道这里会是什么样。不过后来我发现,只要你深入了解了大家,其实哪里的人都是一样的可爱。

Robbie: I'm glad I got to know you.

我很庆幸能认识你。

Alexandra: Thank you. I'm glad I got to know you—and your family.

谢谢你,我也很高兴能认识你——还有你的家人。

Robbie: Wouldn't it be nice if we could skip the examinations and get right to the graduation party?

要是咱们能跳过期末考试,直接去参加毕业派对该有多美呀?

Alexandra: It would be very nice. But that isn't the way it works. So... back to work.

那当然美啦,但现实可不答应。好啦……赶紧接着复习吧。

[ Later that evening, at the front door. Alexandra is preparing to leave. ]

Alexandra: Good night, Robbie. Good night, Mrs. Stewart. Thank you for dinner.

晚安,罗比。晚安,斯图尔特太太,谢谢您的丰盛晚餐。

Ellen: Good night, Alexandra. Will you be all right?

晚安,亚历山德拉。你一个人没问题吧?

Alexandra: Yes. The Molinas are waiting for me.

没问题的,莫利纳一家人在外面等我呢。

Robbie: Good night, Alexandra. I'll pick you up on Saturday night, OK?

晚安,亚历山德拉。周六晚上我去接你,好吗?

Alexandra: Yes. Eight o'clock.

好的,八点整。

Alexandra: I have to run.

我得赶紧走啦。

[ Alexandra leaves. Ellen turns to Robbie. ]

Ellen: Good night, Robbie. She's really a good friend, isn't she?

晚安,罗比。她可真是个值得交往的好朋友,对吧?

Robbie: Yeah.

嗯,是的。

Ellen: You are going to miss her.

你到时候一定会很舍不得她的。

Robbie: Am I going to miss her?

我会舍不得她吗?

Ellen: That's what I said! You are going to miss her!

我刚才就是这么说的呀!你绝对会想念她的!

Robbie: I'm going to miss her, and my math teacher's going to miss her.

我会想念她,我的数学老师也会想念她的。

Ellen: Well, you can write to her.

嗯,到时候你可以给她写信嘛。

Robbie: It's not the same.

那感觉可不一样。

[ Saturday evening. The party decorations are being set up at the house. ]

Mike: How does that look, Rob?

罗比,你看这效果怎么样?

Robbie: Great! Pass me the hammer.

太棒了!把锤子递给我一下。

Mike: You got it!

给,接着!

Sandra: You're sure Alexandra's going to be surprised?

你确定亚历山德拉真的会被惊艳到吗?

Robbie: Absolutely. She has no idea that the party is in her honor.

那当然!她压根不知道今晚的派对其实是专门为她举办的欢送会。

Mike: Millie, did you bring the tapes for dancing?

米莉,你带跳舞用的磁带了吗?

Millie: They're in my bag.

都在我包里装着呢。

Mike: What did you bring?

都带了些什么风格的?

Millie: Some rock 'n' roll.

带了些摇滚乐。

Robbie: Perfect! Alexandra will love it! I can't wait to see her face when she walks in here tonight.

太完美了!亚历山德拉绝对会喜欢的!我真等不及想看看她今晚踏进这间屋子时的表情了。

Mike: What about the cake?

蛋糕准备得怎么样了?

Robbie: My mom's decorating it right now.

我妈妈现在正在厨房裱花装饰呢。

[ Ellen enters with a concerned look. ]

Ellen: Robbie, there's a phone call for you. It's Alexandra. She sounds upset.

罗比,有你的电话,是亚历山德拉打来的。她听起来挺着急难过的心情不太好。

Robbie: OK. Thanks, Mom. I'll take it in there. Hi, Alexandra. What? You what? Oh no!

好的,谢谢妈妈,我去里面接。嗨,亚历山德拉。什么?你怎么样了?噢不!