Episode 23 The Community Center ACT III社区中心 第三幕

Robbie: Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm late.

嗨,各位好。很抱歉我迟到了。

Robbie: But Alexandra and I

但是亚历山德拉和我

Robbie: have been busy at work this morning

今天一早上都在忙

Robbie: on the community-center project.

社区中心计划的事。

Robbie: And we brought someone along who can help.

而且我们带了一位能帮上忙的人。

Robbie: You remember Charles Maxwell, Grandpa?

爷爷,您还记得查尔斯·马克斯韦尔吗?

Robbie: He's the editor of the Riverdale paper.

他是《里弗代尔报》的编辑。

Robbie: He wrote some nice articles on Mom

妈妈竞选校董事会席位时,

Robbie: when she was running for the school board.

他写过几篇很棒的报道。

Grandpa: Yes, I remember. You were a great help.

是的,我记得。你当时帮了大忙。

Charles Maxwell: Hi, Mr. Stewart.

嗨,斯图尔特先生。

Charles Maxwell: Hope to be a bigger help on the new community-center project.

希望这次在新社区中心计划上能帮到更大的忙。

Charles Maxwell: From what Robbie and Alexandra have told me,

从罗比和亚历山德拉告诉我的情况来看,

Charles Maxwell: you people are making one big story.

你们正在制造一个大新闻。

Robbie: Let me introduce you, Mr. Maxwell.

马克斯韦尔先生,让我为您介绍一下。

Robbie: This is Nat Baker,

这位是纳特·贝克,

Robbie: who's responsible for this meeting,

是这次会议的牵头人。

Robbie: and this is Joanne Thompson--and Abe Lucas,

这位是乔安妮·汤普森,还有安布·卢卡斯,

Robbie: who used to run the drugstore in town.

他以前在镇上开药店。

Charles Maxwell: Robbie and Alexandra told me

罗比和亚历山德拉告诉我

Charles Maxwell: what you need to fix up the old library.

你们修整旧图书馆需要些什么。

Charles Maxwell: I am planning to write an editorial that I think will help you.

我打算写一篇社论,我想那会对你们有帮助。

Charles Maxwell: Let's go. What are your questions?

咱们开始吧。你们有什么问题?

Charles Maxwell: OK. Now, I have ... first ... a couple of questions here.

好,现在……首先……我有几个问题。

Charles Maxwell: Have you talked to the community council?

你们跟社区委员会谈过了吗?

Charles Maxwell: And have you had an engineer come in to do an inspection?

有没有请工程师来做过检查?

Charles Maxwell: OK, what do you need most of all?

好,你们最需要的是什么?

Nat Baker: People power.

人力。

Nat Baker: Men and women, young and old, to give us their time.

无论男女老少,请他们贡献出自己的时间。

Charles Maxwell: To do what?

去做什么?

Nat Baker: To help scrub the building interior clean.

帮忙把大楼内部擦洗干净。

Nat Baker: So that we can repaint it.

这样我们就能重新粉刷了。

Charles Maxwell: And you also need bodies to do repainting?

你们也需要人手来刷漆吗?

Grandpa: That's right.

没错。

Grandpa: And we'll also need some ladders

我们还需要一些梯子、

Grandpa: and some brushes and some paint.

刷子和油漆。

Charles Maxwell: When do you need the volunteers,

你们什么时候需要志愿者,

Charles Maxwell: and where do they report?

他们去哪里报到?

Nat Baker: I've got the council to agree

我已经说服委员会,

Nat Baker: to open the building for us on the next four weekends.

在接下来的四个周末为我们开放大楼。

Charles Maxwell: How about furnishings?

家具摆设方面呢?

Charles Maxwell: Are there any special requirements that I should list in the paper?

有什么特别的要求需要我列在报纸上的吗?

Grandpa: Yes.

有的。

Grandpa: Here is a copy of all the things we need to start with.

这是我们起步需要的所有物资清单。

Charles Maxwell: Let's see. Four desks.

我来看看。四张办公桌。

Charles Maxwell: Eight straight-back chairs. Thirty folding chairs.

八把直背椅。三十把折叠椅。

Charles Maxwell: Six table lamps. Three end tables. One piano.

六盏台灯。三张茶几。一架钢琴。

Charles Maxwell: This is a good start.

这是一个很好的开始。

Charles Maxwell: These items shouldn't be difficult to come by

一旦我在报纸上刊登文章,

Charles Maxwell: once I print the article in the paper.

这些东西应该不难弄到。

Charles Maxwell: This community has always been very generous.

这个社区一向非常慷慨。

Grandpa: I agree, Mr. Maxwell.

我同意,马克斯韦尔先生。

Charles Maxwell: What you're saying is, in order for this center to succeed,

你的意思是,为了让这个中心成功,

Charles Maxwell: we need to put together volunteers

我们需要召集

Charles Maxwell: from the various generations of future users.

未来各年龄段的使用者来做志愿者。

Grandpa: That's right.

没错。

Grandpa: And without their energy and stamina,

如果没有他们的精力和耐力,

Grandpa: there's no way we can complete this project.

我们无法完成这个项目。

Charles Maxwell: I've got it. Now give me some information about

我明白了。现在再跟我说说

Charles Maxwell: how you see the building being used.

你们计划如何使用这栋大楼。

Nat Baker: Oh, here. On the ground floor we have the reception area ...

噢,看这里。在底层我们设有接待区……

Robbie: It's here, Robbie.

在这里,罗比。(注:此处原文对话角色可能有误,疑为爷爷或亚历山德拉对罗比说)

Robbie: Charles Maxwell lived up to his word.

查尔斯·马克斯韦尔兑现了他的诺言。

Robbie: "At the Stewart family home on Linden Street yesterday,

“昨天,在林登街的斯图尔特家中,

Robbie: a group of caring Riverdale citizens gathered

一群热心的里弗代尔居民聚集在一起,

Robbie: to plan the refurbishing of the old library

计划翻修旧图书馆,

Robbie: to transform it into a new community center.

将其改造成一个新的社区中心。

Robbie: The original plan by the council

委员会原定的计划

Robbie: was tabled because of lack of funds.

曾因缺乏资金而搁置。

Robbie: The new plan needs you.

现在这项新计划需要你的参与。

Robbie: You could call it a community unity plan.

你可以称之为‘社区团结计划’。

Robbie: It needs your time, and it needs your energy.

它需要你的时间,需要你的精力。

Robbie: And it needs your contributions of furniture,

同时也需要你捐赠家具、

Robbie: paint, brushes, ladders, lamps, et cetera.

油漆、刷子、梯子、灯具等等。

Robbie: A list of these items and a volunteer form

这些物资的清单和志愿者报名表

Robbie: can be picked up at the Riverdale Press offices.

可前往《里弗代尔报》办公室领取。

Robbie: By working together,

通过通力协作,

Robbie: this community can do anything to benefit its citizens,

这个社区可以做任何造福居民的事,

Robbie: and we know you will all work together

我们相信大家会团结一致,

Robbie: towards refurbishing the old library

共同翻修旧图书馆,

Robbie: and making it a new community center.

让它成为全新的社区中心。

Robbie: Charles Maxwell, Editor."

编辑:查尔斯·马克斯韦尔。”
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...