Episode 22 Career Choices ACT III职业选择 第三幕

Marilyn: Hi, big guy.

嗨,好小子。

Ellen: That must be Rita Mae.

那一定是丽塔·梅。

Ellen: She sure got here quickly.

她来得真快。

Ellen: That's a good sign.

这是个好兆头。

Ellen: She must like you and your work, Marilyn.

玛丽琳,她一定很欣赏你和你的工作。

Marilyn: I think she's just anxious to see Max.

我觉得她只是急着想见见马克斯。

Marilyn: She loves children.

她很喜欢孩子。

Rita Mae: Hi, Marilyn.

嗨,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: Welcome.

欢迎。

Marilyn: It's so nice of you to come.

你能来真是太好了。

Rita Mae: Oh, I just wanted to see your baby, Max.

噢,我只是想看看你的宝贝马克斯。

Ellen: Hello, Rita Mae.

你好,丽塔·梅。

Ellen: I haven't seen you since the hospital.

自从在医院见面后就没再见过你了。

Ellen: I'm Ellen Stewart, Marilyn's mother-in-law.

我是艾伦·斯图尔特,玛丽琳的婆婆。

Ellen: We met at the hospital.

我们在医院见过面。

Rita Mae: Hello.

你好。

Rita Mae: How are you?

你身体好吗?

Rita Mae: I remember.

我记得。

Rita Mae: How are you?

你好吗?

Rita Mae: Oh, and there is Max!

噢,马克斯在那儿呢!

Rita Mae: Oh! My, how he's grown!

噢!天哪,他长得真快!

Rita Mae: A little present for Max.

给马克斯的小礼物。

Marilyn: Oh, it's beautiful, Rita Mae!

噢,太漂亮了,丽塔·梅!

Marilyn: You shouldn't have.

你太破费了。

Rita Mae: It's nothing.

没什么。

Rita Mae: It's just a little present for Max.

只是给马克斯的一点心意。

Marilyn: Can I get you some coffee or tea or a cold drink, Rita Mae?

丽塔·梅,想喝点咖啡、茶或者是冷饮吗?

Rita Mae: Oh, nothing, thank you.

噢,不用了,谢谢。

Ellen: Well, I will leave you two to talk.

好吧,留你们俩在这儿谈。

Ellen: Come on, you big guy.

过来,你这好小子。

Rita Mae: Yes, come on.

是啊,过来吧。

Rita Mae: That's it.

这就对了。

Ellen: It's nice seeing you.

见到你很高兴。

Ellen: Let me know if you need anything.

如果需要什么尽管叫我。

Marilyn: Thanks, Ellen.

谢谢,艾伦。

Rita Mae: Thanks, Ellen.

谢谢,艾伦。

Rita Mae: OK, Marilyn.

好了,玛丽琳。

Rita Mae: You sounded like you've made a decision

你在电话里听起来像是已经

Rita Mae: when you called me.

做出决定了。

Rita Mae: I'm all ears.

我洗耳恭听。

Marilyn: I have made a decision, Rita Mae.

我已经决定了,丽塔·梅。

Marilyn: I've decided to stay at home and be a full-time mother.

我决定留在家里做一个全职母亲。

Rita Mae: I'm disappointed, but I respect your decision.

我感到很遗憾,但我尊重你的决定。

Rita Mae: If I had a child as cute as Max,

如果我也能有个像马克斯这么可爱的孩子,

Rita Mae: I might do the same thing.

我也许也会做同样的决定。

Marilyn: But I haven't finished telling you

但我还没说完

Marilyn: the other half of my decision.

我决定的另一半内容。

Rita Mae: The other half?

另一半?

Marilyn: Yes.

是的。

Marilyn: I think I can stay at home

我觉得我可以待在家里

Marilyn: and take care of Max and continue my career.

照顾马克斯,同时继续我的事业。

Rita Mae: Sounds interesting.

听起来很有趣。

Rita Mae: Let me hear it.

说来听听。

Marilyn: Do you remember

你还记得

Marilyn: our talks about custom-designed dresses for the boutique?

我们谈过关于为精品店设计定制服装的事吗?

Rita Mae: I sure do.

我当然记得。

Marilyn: Why can't I design dresses for you here at home?

为什么我不能在家里为你设计服装呢?

Marilyn: And make them here.

在这里制作。

Marilyn: Have the fittings here, too.

也可以在这里试穿。

Rita Mae: And I could do the selling and the pricing at the boutique.

(接着玛丽琳的话说)然后由我在精品店负责销售和定价。

Marilyn: Exactly.

没错。

Rita Mae: Oh!

噢!

Rita Mae: What kind of dresses would you design?

你打算设计哪种类型的服装?

Marilyn: I've thought about that for some time.

这件事我已经考虑有一段时间了。

Rita Mae: Yes?

哦?

Marilyn: Wedding dresses.

婚纱。

Rita Mae: Brilliant idea!

绝妙的主意!

Rita Mae: There a big market today in wedding dresses.

现在的婚纱市场潜力巨大。

Marilyn: That's what I thought.

我也是这么想的。

Rita Mae: I like the idea very much.

我非常喜欢这个主意。

Rita Mae: And if it's successful,

而且如果成功的话,

Rita Mae: we can expand to all kinds of dresses.

我们可以扩展到各种服装。

Marilyn: That's what I thought.

我也正有此意。

Rita Mae: As a matter of fact,

事实上,

Rita Mae: I have a customer for your first wedding dress.

我已经为你的第一件婚纱找到客户了。

Rita Mae: My niece is getting married,

我侄女要结婚了,

Rita Mae: and I've been trying to find just the right thing for her.

我一直在帮她找一件最合适的礼服。

Rita Mae: Marilyn, you're going to design my niece's dress.

玛丽琳,就由你来设计我侄女的婚纱。

Rita Mae: That'll be our first one,

这将是我们的第一件作品,

Rita Mae: and then we'll use it to sell others.

然后我们可以以此来推销给其他客户。

Marilyn: Do you really mean it?

你是认真的吗?

Rita Mae: I really mean it.

当然是认真的。

Rita Mae: It's a simple idea, and it will work.

这个想法很简单,而且绝对可行。

Rita Mae: You can certainly design dresses.

你设计服装的才华毋庸置疑。

Rita Mae: I know that.

我心里有数。

Rita Mae: And there's no reason why you can't do it from your home.

完全没有理由不能在家里做这件事。

Marilyn: I'm so excited!

我太兴奋了!

Marilyn: I can't wait to tell Richard!

我迫不及待想告诉理查德!

Rita Mae: If I had a baby like Max,

如果我有像马克斯这样的宝贝,

Rita Mae: I'd want to stay home and be near him all the time, too.

我也会想一直待在家里陪着他。

Rita Mae: You're making the right decision

为了马克斯,也为了你自己,

Rita Mae: for Max and for yourself too, Marilyn.

你做出了正确的决定,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: It all sounds so easy.

听起来真的很顺利。

Marilyn: Now the hard work begins.

接下来真正的辛苦工作要开始了。

Marilyn: Would you like

你想看看

Marilyn: to see some of my designs that I've been working on?

我最近在画的一些草图吗?

Rita Mae: I'd love to.

我很想看。

Rita Mae: Ooh! Oh, that's wonderful!

噢!噢,太棒了!

Rita Mae: Ooh ...

噢……
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...