Episode 23 The Community Center ACT II

社区中心 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

Nat Baker: There is a way, Malcolm.

有一个办法,马尔科姆。

Nat Baker: We get our friends to roll their sleeves up and get to work.

我们发动朋友们卷起袖子干起来。

Grandpa: It's certainly a good idea.

这确实是个好主意。

Grandpa: If I could take a look at the place,

如果我能去实地看一看,

Grandpa: I could probably tell what it requires to fix it up.

我也许就能看出修整它需要些什么。

Grandpa: How much paint, how many hours of work ...

需要多少油漆,多少工时……

Nat Baker: That's what I came to ask you to do, Malcolm.

马尔科姆,这正是我来请你做的事情。

Nat Baker: If you would supervise the refurbishing,

如果你能监督整修工作,

Nat Baker: I'll find the people to help do it.

我会去找人来帮忙干活。

Alexandra: I'll help too, Mr. Baker.

贝克先生,我也会帮忙的。

Alexandra: I can get some of my friends to go around the neighborhood

我可以叫上一些朋友在社区里走动走动,

Alexandra: and collect the furniture we need.

去募集我们需要的家具。

Robbie: I'll help.

我也帮忙。

Grandpa: Tomorrow. Yes. We'll meet tomorrow morning, right here.

明天。对。我们明天早上就在这儿见。

Robbie: Can we help?

我们可以帮忙吗?

Alexandra: I'd really like to.

我真的很想参加。

Grandpa: Sure.

当然可以。

Grandpa: We might need you to come through with your friends, Robbie.

罗比,我们可能需要你带上朋友们大显身手。

Grandpa: Not just to go around the neighborhood asking for furniture,

不只是在社区里募集家具,

Grandpa: but to help with the paint job.

还要帮忙粉刷。

Grandpa: That's backbreaking work and may be too much for us.

那可是个体力活,对我们来说可能太吃力了。

Robbie: I'll do it. I'll talk to them.

我来干。我会去跟他们说的。

Alexandra: And tomorrow morning we'll all meet here to discuss the plan?

那明天早上我们大家都在这儿集合讨论计划吗?

Grandpa: Tomorrow morning it is.

就说明天早上。

Grandpa: Come in, come in. Please, come in.

请进,请进。快请进。

Grandpa: I'd like you to meet my friend Malcolm Stewart.

我想向你们介绍我的朋友马尔科姆·斯图尔特。

Nat Baker: Malcolm, this is Joanne Thompson.

马尔科姆,这位是乔安妮·汤普森。

Grandpa: Hello, Joanne. Nice to meet you.

你好,乔安妮。很高兴见到你。

Joanne: My pleasure, Malcolm.

这是我的荣幸,马尔科姆。

Nat Baker: And this is Abe Lucas. You must remember Abe.

这位是安布·卢卡斯。你一定还记得安布。

Nat Baker: He ran the drugstore

他以前经营药店,

Nat Baker: and used to play drums with the jazz band on weekends.

周末还经常在爵士乐队里打鼓。

Grandpa: Oh, sure I do. Hi, Abe.

噢,我当然记得。嗨,安布。

Abe Lucas: Hello, Mr. Stewart.

你好,斯图尔特先生。

Grandpa: Malcolm, please.

叫我马尔科姆就行。

Abe Lucas: Hello, Malcolm.

你好,马尔科姆。

Grandpa: Sit down, sit down. Have some coffee.

请坐,请坐。喝点咖啡吧。

Grandpa: And I've got some delicious Danish pastry for you.

我还给你们准备了一些好吃的丹麦酥饼。

Nat Baker: Where's your grandson Robbie and his friend Alexandra?

你孙子罗比和他的朋友亚历山德拉呢?

Nat Baker: Weren't they going to be here this morning?

他们今天早上不是要过来吗?

Grandpa: I thought so, too.

我也以为是这样。

Grandpa: I'm surprised they're not here.

他们没来我也挺意外的。

Grandpa: Robbie left early this morning to meet Alexandra.

罗比今天一大早就出门去接亚历山德拉了。

Grandpa: Frankly, I thought they'd be here, but ...

坦白说,我原以为他们会准时出现的,但是……

Abe Lucas: It's OK. I'm sure they meant well,

没关系。我相信他们是有心帮忙,

Abe Lucas: but they probably had other things on their minds.

但可能被别的事情耽搁了。

Joanne: I understand you used to be in the construction business, Malcolm.

马尔科姆,听说你以前是搞建筑行业的。

Grandpa: I was, indeed.

的确如此。

Joanne: I wonder if you would take a look at the old library

我在想你是否能去看看那座旧图书馆,

Joanne: and make sure that it is in good condition

确保它的建筑状况良好,

Joanne: so that we don't have to worry about any structural problems.

好让我们不必担心任何结构性问题。

Grandpa: When can I do that? I'd be happy to.

我什么时候可以去?我很乐意效劳。

Nat Baker: We've got permission to go inside the old building during the week--

我们已经获准在周中进入那座老建筑——

Nat Baker: Tuesday or Wednesday.

周二或者周三。

Grandpa: That's fine with me. I can do it either day.

对我来说没问题。这两天哪天都行。

Joanne: That would be very helpful.

那可真是帮了大忙。

Joanne: I think the building just needs a good cleaning.

我觉得那栋楼只需要彻底清扫一下。

Joanne: And a good paint job.

再好好粉刷一遍。

Nat Baker: Then we have to furnish it.

然后我们还得给它添置家具。

Grandpa: I wish Robbie and Alexandra had come to this meeting.

我真希望罗比和亚历山德拉能来参加这次会议。

Grandpa: They had some ideas about getting the place fixed up.

他们对修缮这个地方有些想法。

Joanne: Perhaps they'll show up. In the meantime,

也许他们待会儿会来。在那之前,

Joanne: let me give you some additional thoughts and ideas I have.

让我再谈谈我的一些补充想法。

Grandpa: OK.

好的。

Grandpa: Go ahead, Joanne.

请讲吧,乔安妮。

Joanne: As I said, mostly the building just needs a good cleaning.

就像我说的,那栋楼大部分地方只需要好好打扫。

Joanne: This place can be developed

这个地方可以开展

Joanne: with one real intergenerational program.

一个真正的跨代交流计划。

Grandpa: That's an idea I like.

这个主意我喜欢。

Joanne: A community center

一个社区中心,

Joanne: with the kinds of programs that fit everyone.

应该拥有适合所有人的项目。

Joanne: And programs that don't leave anyone out.

而且是不让任何人感到被冷落的项目。

Nat Baker: It's asking a lot.

这要求很高。

Nat Baker: But we can't do it without talking to the young people.

但如果不和年轻人谈谈,我们就没法实现。

Nat Baker: Finding out what they want.

得搞清楚他们想要什么。

Grandpa: If only Robbie and Alexandra were here.

要是罗比和亚历山德拉在这儿就好了。

Joanne: Don't be upset, Malcolm.

别不高兴,马尔科姆。

Joanne: We'll have a chance to talk to them later.

我们晚点会有机会和他们谈的。

Grandpa: It's not like Robbie.

这不像罗比的作风。

Grandpa: If he says he's going to be here, he's here.

如果他说他会来,他就一定会来。

Grandpa: I wonder what the problem is.

我在想出了什么问题。

单词列表

0