Episode 16 Full of Surprises ACT II

意外惊喜 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

Attendant: Hello. What can I do for you?

你好。我能为你做点什么?

Grandpa: Hi. Fill 'er up.

嗨,把油箱加满。

Grandpa: I need a full tank.

我要满满一箱。

Attendant: Check the hood?

要不要检查一下引擎?

Grandpa: No, thanks.

不用了,谢谢。

Attendant: Whereabouts are you headed?

你要去哪儿?

Grandpa: Pete Waters's farm, near Chesterton.

Pete Waters的农场,在Chesterton附近。

Attendant: I know it well.

我对它熟得很。

Attendant: Pete Waters's lived around here almost as long as I have.

Pete Waters住在这儿差不多跟我一样久了。

Grandpa: How long is it going to take for me to get there?

到那儿还需要多久时间?

Attendant: About fifteen minutes.

大约十五分钟吧。

Attendant: There's a shortcut--if you know it.

假如你识路的话——有一条近路可走。

Grandpa: No, I don't.

不,我不识路。

Grandpa: Could you tell me how to use the shortcut?

你能告诉我怎么走这条近路?

Attendant: Sure. You take the next left turn.

当然。你在下一个路口左拐。

Attendant: You'll see a stop sign.

会看到有个停车标志。

Attendant: Make a right at the stop sign.

就在停车标志那儿向右拐。

Attendant: Stay on that road, and you'll cross a blue bridge.

沿着路开下去,你会经过一座蓝色的桥。

Attendant: Then you'll see a big old red barn.

然后你就会看到一座旧的红色大仓库。

Attendant: That's the back of Pete Waters's place.

那就是Pete Waters住处的后面。

Grandpa: That's quite a difference from the directions that Pete sent me.

这和Pete寄给我的路的指示完全不同。

Attendant: Now, if you take that route, it's probably a lot simpler, but it'll take you ten minutes longer.

哦,假如你走这条路的话,可能会简单得多,但会多花你十分钟的时间。

Grandpa: OK. Let me repeat it.

好吧。让我重复一遍。

Grandpa: I take the next left turn to the stop sign.

我在下个路口左转弯到一个停车标志。

Grandpa: Then a right across a blue bridge, and then a big red barn.

然后右转经过一座蓝色的桥,然后就是一座大大的红色仓库。

Attendant: Can't miss it.

错不了的。

Grandpa: How much do I owe you?

我应付你多少钱?

Attendant: Well, that'll be eighteen dollars and seventy cents.

嗯,十八美元七十美分。

Attendant: No charge for the cleanup.

清洗不用付费。

Attendant: It's on the house.

这是免费的。

Grandpa: Well, here's a twenty.

嗯,这是二十美元。

Attendant: Ah. OK. That's a dollar and thirty cents change.

啊,好啦。这是一美元三十美分的零钱。

Attendant: There we go ... will make twenty. Thanks.

你看……加起来正好二十美元。谢谢了。

Grandpa: Thank you.

谢谢。

Grandpa: And thanks for the directions.

谢谢你给我指路。

Grandpa: This must be Pete's barn.

这一定是Pete的仓库了。

Grandpa: Turn right to the house.

向右拐就到他的房子了。

Farmer: Hi.

嗨。

Grandpa: Hi. What can I do for you?

嗨,我能帮你吗?

Grandpa: Is this the Pete Waters farm?

这是Pete Waters的农场吗?

Farmer: It is.

正是。

Grandpa: I'm a friend of Pete's. I'm looking for the house.

我是Pete的朋友。我正在找他的房子。

Farmer: It's just over yonder.

他的房子就在那边。

Farmer: Keep along this road till you get to the end of the fence.

沿着这条路开下去,到栅栏的尽头。

Farmer: You'll see the chicken house.

你会看到鸡舍。

Farmer: His house is on the left.

他的房子就在左边。

Grandpa: Well, thanks.

好的,谢谢你。

Grandpa: "Have gone to the railroad station. Back soon with a surprise. Make yourself at home. Have a look around. Pete."

“去火车站。接一个惊喜即回来。勿客气。到处看看。Pete。”

Grandpa: Same old Pete Waters.

Pete Waters还是老样子。

Grandpa: Always full of surprises.

总是出人意料。

单词列表

0