make sense

🇬🇧/meɪk sens/ 🇺🇸/meɪk sens/
be reasonable or logical or comprehensible "Does this sentence make sense?"

noun [抽象名词]有明确的意义,容易理解;合理的,明智的

To make sense, these figures should not be looked at in isolation.
这些数据不应孤立起来看,否则就没有意义。

单词造句:
网友用“Make sense”造句精选
On the face of it that seems to make sense. But the figures don't add up. 乍一看,那好像讲得通。但是数字对不上。
Does that make sense to you? 你觉得这有道理吗?
It doesn't make sense to wait any longer. 再等下去没有意义了。
Now everything finally makes sense! 现在这一切终于都解释得通了!

高频词组

figure out 想明白 / 弄清楚

  • I can't figure out how to use this software. 我搞不清楚怎么用这个软件。
  • We need to figure out a solution quickly. 我们需要尽快想出一个解决方案。
  • Did you figure out what went wrong? 你查清楚出什么问题了吗?

take your time 慢慢来 / 不用急

  • Take your time, there's no rush. 慢慢来,不着急。
  • You can take your time to decide. 你可以花点时间慢慢决定。
  • He told me to take my time with the report. 他告诉我可以慢慢写那份报告。

keep in mind 记住 / 别忘了

  • Please keep in mind that tomorrow is a holiday. 请记住明天是节假日。
  • Keep in mind that the weather can change quickly. 记住天气可能会变化很快。
  • That's a good point to keep in mind. 那是值得记住的一点。

catch up 叙旧 / 赶上

  • We should go for coffee and catch up! 我们应该去喝杯咖啡叙叙旧!
  • I need to catch up on my sleep this weekend. 这周末我得补补觉。
  • Go ahead, I'll catch up with you later. 你先走,我等会儿会赶上你的。

go ahead 做吧 / 请便 / 继续

  • If you want to leave early, go ahead. 如果你想早点走,请便。
  • Go ahead, I'm listening. 你说吧,我在听。
  • Can I use your phone? Go ahead. 我可以用你的电话吗?用吧。

hang on 等一下

  • Hang on a second, I forgot my keys. 等一下,我忘带钥匙了。
  • Can you hang on for a moment? 你能稍微等一下吗?
  • Hang on, let me check my calendar. 等会儿,让我查下日历。

check out 看看 / 瞧瞧

  • You should check out that new restaurant. 你应该去看看那家新餐厅。
  • Check this out, it's really cool! 瞧瞧这个,真的很酷!
  • I'll check it out and let you know. 我会去查看一下然后告诉你。

turn out 结果是 / 原来是

  • It turned out to be a sunny day. 结果是个晴天。
  • The party turned out to be a huge success. 派对结果非常成功。
  • I thought he was mean, but he turned out to be very nice. 我原以为他很刻薄,结果他这人挺好的。

end up 最终 / 结果(处于某种状态)

  • We ended up staying at home instead of going out. 我们最后留在了家里,没有出去。
  • If you don't study, you'll end up failing. 如果你不学习,最后会挂科的。
  • How did you end up living in London? 你是怎么最终定居在伦敦的?

get back to (稍后)回复 / 联系

  • I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 我会尽快给你回复的。
  • Let me check the details and get back to you. 让我核对一下细节再联系你。
  • I'll get back to work now. 我要回去工作了。

fill in 填写 / 告知细节

  • Please fill in this application form. 请填写这份申请表。
  • Can you fill me in on what happened? 你能告诉我发生了什么细节吗?
  • I missed the meeting, please fill me in. 我没参加会,请跟我同步一下信息。

show up 出现 / 露面

  • He didn't show up for the meeting. 他没来开会。
  • What time did they finally show up? 他们最后几点露面的?
  • I hope a lot of people show up at the party. 我希望派对会有很多人来。

look forward to 期待

  • I look forward to meeting you soon. 我期待很快见到你。
  • We look forward to your reply. 我们期待您的回复。
  • She's looking forward to her vacation. 她正期待着她的假期。

bring up 提到 / 提出

  • Don't bring up politics at dinner. 晚饭时别提政治。
  • I'm glad you brought that up. 我很庆幸你提到了那件事。
  • Why did you bring up his ex-girlfriend? 你为什么要提他的前女友?

break down 分解 / 坏了

  • Let me break down the costs for you. 让我为你详细分解一下各项费用。
  • My car broke down on the highway. 我的车在高速公路上坏了。
  • The teacher broke down the complex problem. 老师分解了这个复杂的问题。

run out of 用完 / 耗尽

  • We've run out of milk. 我们的牛奶喝完了。
  • I think we're running out of time. 我觉得我们要没时间了。
  • I ran out of ideas for the project. 我对这个项目已经没思路了。

count on 指望 / 依靠

  • You can always count on me. 你永远可以指望我。
  • Don't count on the weather being nice. 别指望天气会变好。
  • We are counting on your support. 我们正指望着你的支持。

get along 相处融洽

  • Do you get along with your coworkers? 你和同事相处得好吗?
  • They don't really get along. 他们相处得不太好。
  • I get along well with my neighbors. 我和邻居相处得很愉快。

put off 推迟 / 拖延

  • Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. 今日事今日毕。
  • We had to put off the meeting until next week. 我们不得不把会议推迟到下周。
  • Don't put off going to the dentist. 别再拖着不去看不牙医了。

call off 取消

  • The game was called off because of rain. 比赛因为下雨取消了。
  • They decided to call off the wedding. 他们决定取消婚礼。
  • We might have to call off the trip. 我们可能不得不取消这次旅行。

set up 安排 / 建立 / 设置

  • Let's set up a meeting for tomorrow. 我们安排一下明天的会议吧。
  • He helped me set up my new computer. 他帮我设置了我的新电脑。
  • They set up a new business together. 他们一起创办了一家新公司。

work out 健身 / 解决 / 进展顺利

  • I try to work out at the gym three times a week. 我尝试每周去健身房锻炼三次。
  • Don't worry, things will work out. 别担心,事情会解决的/会有好结果的。
  • We need to work out a plan. 我们需要制订出一个计划。

back up 支持 / 备份 / 后退

  • I will back you up no matter what. 无论如何我都会支持你。
  • Don't forget to back up your files. 别忘了备份你的文件。
  • Can you back up a little bit? 你能往后退一点吗?

take over 接管 / 接手

  • The vice president will take over the company. 副总裁将接管公司。
  • Can you take over the driving for a while? 你能接手开一会儿车吗?
  • IBM is trying to take over the smaller firm. IBM 正试图收购那家小公司。

pick up 接人 / 捡起 / 学会

  • Can you pick me up at the airport? 你能去机场接我吗?
  • I picked up some Spanish while living in Mexico. 我在墨西哥居住期间学会了一些西班牙语。
  • Please pick up your clothes from the floor. 请把地板上的衣服捡起来。

let down 让...失望

  • I'm sorry, I won't let you down again. 对不起,我不会再让你失望了。
  • The movie really let me down. 这部电影真的让我很失望。
  • Don't let down your team. 别让你的团队失望。

point out 指出

  • Thank you for pointing out my mistake. 谢谢你指出我的错误。
  • He pointed out that we were running late. 他提醒说我们要迟到了。
  • I'd like to point out one important detail. 我想指出一个重要的细节。

come up with 想出(主意/方案)

  • How did you come up with that idea? 你是怎么想出那个主意的?
  • We need to come up with a name for the brand. 我们需要给这个品牌想个名字。
  • She came up with a great solution. 她想出了一个很棒的解决方案。

run into 偶然碰见

  • I ran into an old friend at the mall. 我在商场偶遇了一位老朋友。
  • Guess who I ran into today? 猜猜我今天碰到谁了?
  • I hope I don't run into my boss here. 我希望别在这儿撞见我老板。